Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cashrewards Approval

tag
buildingitbackup
Regular Contributor

NFCU Cashrewards Approval

Hi all.  I've been gardening for sometime. Scores are in the high 5's. I have real thin file these days.  2 Bads that fall off next year 1 Citi Secured Card ($200) and a pledge loan through NFCU ($1,000).  Anyways I got an email invitation to apply for NFCU CashRewards (I was like never in a million years am I going to get approved).  Decided to call in and did a soft pull for prequals the rep said "preapproved". Then we went through the application and low and behold Congrats! You're Approved with a $5K limit.  How this happened wow no idea???? Question should I app for one more card or revolver and go back to gardening......

Best

Starting Score: <600 & No Score 2/2011
Current Score EQ : 726
Current Score (TU Walmart): 676
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Cashrewards Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@buildingitbackup wrote:

Question should I app for one more card or revolver and go back to gardening......

Perhaps garden for a spell? I'd go after a 2nd and 3rd Navy card at 91/3 intervals.

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU CR Approval..smiley-waving-us-flag.gif

Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the NFCU approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Big Congrats on that NFCU new approval!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@buildingitbackup wrote:

Hi all.  I've been gardening for sometime. Scores are in the high 5's. I have real thin file these days.  2 Bads that fall off next year 1 Citi Secured Card ($200) and a pledge loan through NFCU ($1,000).  Anyways I got an email invitation to apply for NFCU CashRewards (I was like never in a million years am I going to get approved).  Decided to call in and did a soft pull for prequals the rep said "preapproved". Then we went through the application and low and behold Congrats! You're Approved with a $5K limit.  How this happened wow no idea???? Question should I app for one more card or revolver and go back to gardening......

Best

Wow, thats amazingSmiley Happy. One reason i always say go for it with Navy even if the chances are not realistic lol. Ive gotten approvals when i know i shouldnt haveSmiley Wink

If you are still in 500's do not keep applying for cards. Navy is great in that they will give you a chance even on low scores/ baddies. Most other lenders will not. Enjoy this incredible approvalSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval and good luck with your rebuild

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 11
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You gotta great SL there!! Take care of that card and skies the limit with NFCU!!

Wait at least 91 days and 3 full statements before applying for a 2nd CC or CLI.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.