Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Comes Through

tag
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

NFCU Comes Through

So...shared my member application process in one of the mega threads in the application section.

They were very cool to work with on the phone...approved me today through NLSD affiliation and set-up my online banking...figured I have time so I'd apply for a credit card.

Went with the platinum as I wanted the lowest rate possible and don't really care about rewards as I probably won't use this card for anything other than BT and util pad...

Approved for a SL of $23.5k

This place wasn't joking went they said NFCU was generous...geez.

Edit - Add Data Points

In NJ

Pulled TU for membership and combined for the CC

TU Score: 724 - Completely clean report

AAOA around 4.5 years (have several student loans that are between 3-16 years old so that's a nice pad)

I've opened probably 8 or 9 new accounts this year and have a new mortgage that hasn't yet hit

Util around 10% after having to shell out for home related goods

Inquiries: 17 at time of NFCU pull...so now 18

Income 85k as I do not include my significant other's

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Comes Through

Congrats on the new card!

So far, the times I've interacted with them on the phone have made me WANT to use them more.  I've got a $3,000 spend to meet with them for now, but after that, I have some disposable cash lying around that I'm contemplating putting into their 12 month CD for 3%.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! on your own NFCU success story.

They do have a unique way of blowing up your card line completely by surprise Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

They do have a unique way of blowing up your card line completely by surprise Smiley Very Happy

I'm wondering if my spate of other CLI's today is becaue of NFCU showing on my reports now.  The next 30 days should be interesting to see if any of my lower-limit majors do an auto cli!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 9
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm wondering if my spate of other CLI's today is becaue of NFCU showing on my reports now.  The next 30 days should be interesting to see if any of my lower-limit majors do an auto cli!

I wouldn't be surprised...I know it has been said that some companies like to match CLs that you have...and others won't give you a big CL until somebody else has

Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They are learning Smiley Wink

When NFCU sets the standard, the others may not want to fall behind.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the NFCU and Plat Card.  That's a niiiiice CL you have there! I, too, have found them to have great Customer Service! I look forward to a continued, growing relationship with them. 

Message 7 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

very nice! I love Navy! They have been so generous to me post BK. Ive been with them for 3 yrs now, and they treat me very well! Congrats to you!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! What a sweet starting CL! Congrats to you on NFCU membership and the Platinum card. Gives me hope for the my own app to NFCU made via email Sunday (after receiving the snail mail welcome letter and membership card. I didn't even know they issued membership IDs.)

TU is my highest bureau, but I've got like 11 INQs on it, so I'm happy to hear you had even more.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.