cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card Approved INSTANTLY hours after Joining!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NFCU Credit Card Approved INSTANTLY hours after Joining!!

Helped a friend Apply last night for Navy Federal CU Membership... Went through it all and scheduled the transfer from current bank to open checking and savings at Navy. This afternoon he got email that it had been approved... so couple hours later I helped get the account set up online, he had to call in and they gave the log in stuff (message online said after setting up that letter would come and couldn't do instant) so I was super happy when he called and rep did it instantly.

Once logged in it showed -$5.00 because the transfers had not gone through... Had him call back again and ask if he should wait for that to apply for credit card or if it would have any effect.  (Nope Navy Said)

5 Minutes later with online Cash Visa INSTANT $6k

Currently if I'm getting full picture outside what i saw with his other credit cards he has 3 $1k lines open and all 3 are at $950ish!!!

So $6k instant is more surprising now! can't wait to see the score they send!

Now secondly though is he also applied for the personal loan (is that differnt from over draft line?)

anyway instant declined?!? I told him to call tomorrow and see if they can look at it and give more info or reconsider for less amount.

He "THINKS" his Credit is 624 currently (I have NO idea who what where that came from so I will wait for his Navy Letter) Interest rate not set yet either.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card Approved INSTANTLY hours after Joining!!

MAN I need in with this credit union :/

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

That's what I said for years leading up to getting in!!!

Message 3 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

get a navchek account imo

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 12
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

well i doubt they will approve him for a personal loan with a score that low.  my recommendation would be to pull EQ fico sold here cause NFCU uses the same model and same score.  his best bet is for him to use the card for 6 mos and build a history then app for personal loan and or LOC (navcheck)

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 12
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

yeah they are pretty good

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@sphinx313 wrote:

That's what I was thinking....  early this year... I didn't know my hubby was a member, so I encouraged him to apply for membership with USAA...  anyways, there was a glitch with getting his identity verified with USAA, so we just kind of laid low for a while...   Imagine my surprise when we pulled his reports and I saw paid satisfactorily / closed personal loan accounts with NFCU back in 2000.   I asked him about it, and we called them...  low and behold his shares account was still open and he was still a member. 

The rest was history. I'm moving all of my banking over to them at the first of the year.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Interest rate approved for is 15.24%

Message 8 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Nice going. I'm enjoying my first full month with them. I've just had my second paycheck deposited into my checking account and my NFCU flagship visa generates its first statement on 12/6 so the outstanding 25k CL will be reporting by the 10th to all CRA Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

I wanna be a member of NFCU but I don't have any association with Navy (even no association of family members). Is there anyway I could become their member & get their credit card? My FICO Equifax score is 694.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.