Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU DENIED!!! and approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU DENIED!!! and approved

Good afternoon folks.

For the life of me, I cannot get a NFCU credit card (except for the secured card i got 2 months ago).

Im ex navy, and been a member since 92.  My credit scores all hover around 636, one baddy from a medical collection i had 2 years ago (it was only in collections for 3 months).  I have never burned NFCU, and i have about 7 inq on each bureau.  My utilization is at 50%, several cards with limits of 2k, 1.5K and $1000 are paid in full.  I got denied this morning for cash rewards, but then tried for a CLOC to pay off some of my subprime cards, asked for 2k, and it WAS APPROVED!!!! It would be so much easier to get a card with them, but they just say i dont meet their criteria, but they will give me a cloc for $2000.  what gives?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU DENIED!!! and approved

Pay off those credit cards, pay off the CLOC, and then try again. Utilization + baddies are a red flag that may just be too much for their CC UW. 

The people who do the CLOCs do the auto loans and use different criteria. They also use EQ instead of TU so if TU is dirtier than EQ that can help explain it too. 

Congrats on the CLOC though!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval!!!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Work up that CLOC. Use it a couple of times and try again. Also, getting those limits down would help with Navy. I was in the same boat, it took me 2 chances. First application I had a util of about 54%, I was denied for all products. Second application after about 3 months, I had a util of 6% and was approved. 

I had 2 collections on my report at the time of application both times and my scores were a little lower than what yours show. They are big on utilization from what I have noticed during my application processes. 

Message 4 of 5
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your CLOC Approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.