Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU FREAKIN' ROCKS!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU FREAKIN' ROCKS!!

Rewind to June..

I open a NFCU account with $5, got a secured loan (immediately pd down to 9%) and applied for a Cash Rewards card (totally ready for a decline). Scores were in the low 600's with a 9 month deliquent Chase acct. Got approved for $1000 WOOT WOOT!

Things happen, stuff gets settled (more details in another thread later) .. badda-bing badda-boom, score rises and I'm feeling myself a little.

That brings me to today:

I applied for an Amex Delta Gold, DENIED😢 I didn't want to go to bed empty handed, so I tried for a CLI with Navy. Got the dreaded 24 hr notice (but my account started to reflect an available credit of $2400. Not much but, still WOOT-WOOT, right? I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS, I was excited! BUT, when I logged on, I found out that my better option would've been to app for a whole new NFCU CC🙄😢.

Geesh.. I can't take this roller coaster of emotions anymore. So, whatever, I might as well brace myself for a 3rd HP,  because a couple hrs (and a couple glasses of wine later) I started the app for a Navy Flagship Card. Knowing good and darn well, that there's a $5000 minimum. But, the spinny-thing starts spinning and the app starts processing..

Freaked out, Closed MY EYES, praying and clenching hard enough to crack a Walnut..

Opened my eyes and boom!  APPROVED...... for (get this)

$20,000!! Twenty . Thousand . Freakin' . Dollars!

Who has made this mistake?? I screenshotted it (no take-backs).. Back to my wine guys, it's been one heck of a ride🍷

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU FREAKIN' ROCKS!!

Fantastic! Wait another 3 statements and 91 days for card #3.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Well done!! Scores Included
Message 3 of 15
Okthen06498
Established Member

On the Navy high too today ! Got a new auto loan back in May - Ally 14% . Just called Ally today inquiring about making a large payment to my account . Rep was really confused about whether it would be applied to my principal and gave me a total bull**bleep** run around. Signed up with Navy 2 weeks ago for checking and savings and a $500 platinum .Was happy with that . Got an email today from Navy inviting me to apply for a refinance . I figured why not since I was so annoyed with Ally . What’s another HP ? Lol. ! Put in an app ... I just transferred my direct deposit to Navy. . Took 2 hours before they replied. Approved at 4.3 % . .wth? I almost fell out of my chair!
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero

Sheesh! A third card?
The paint won't even be dry on the first one lol

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boom! It's a verrrry verrry early Xmas present! Congrats on your new NFCU Flagship approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero

Sheesh! A third card?
The paint won't even be dry on the first one lol

Lol. Mark your calender. Then, you can head to garden for a spell.

Message 7 of 15
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Rewind to June..

I open a NFCU account with $5, got a secured loan (immediately pd down to 9%) and applied for a Cash Rewards card (totally ready for a decline). Scores were in the low 600's with a 9 month deliquent Chase acct. Got approved for $1000 WOOT WOOT!

Things happen, stuff gets settled (more details in another thread later) .. badda-bing badda-boom, score rises and I'm feeling myself a little.

That brings me to today:

I applied for an Amex Delta Gold, DENIED😢 I didn't want to go to bed empty handed, so I tried for a CLI with Navy. Got the dreaded 24 hr notice (but my account started to reflect an available credit of $2400. Not much but, still WOOT-WOOT, right? I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS, I was excited! BUT, when I logged on, I found out that my better option would've been to app for a whole new NFCU CC🙄😢.

Geesh.. I can't take this roller coaster of emotions anymore. So, whatever, I might as well brace myself for a 3rd HP,  because a couple hrs (and a couple glasses of wine later) I started the app for a Navy Flagship Card. Knowing good and darn well, that there's a $5000 minimum. But, the spinny-thing starts spinning and the app starts processing..

Freaked out, Closed MY EYES, praying and clenching hard enough to crack a Walnut..

Opened my eyes and boom!  APPROVED...... for (get this)

$20,000!! Twenty . Thousand . Freakin' . Dollars!

Who has made this mistake?? I screenshotted it (no take-backs).. Back to my wine guys, it's been one heck of a ride🍷

That is totally A W E S O M E !!!

shocked_4.jpg

$20K is a huge step-up!! 

Navy does rock!  Maybe I need to get me some of that Navy Stuff before they give it all away! 

I would love to have their Platinum Card with super-low APR - currently as low as 7.99% APR!

And the Flagship seems like a great card also. 

Congrats again.  No wonder everybody loves Navy ...

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High 

PHFshht! That monkey 🤣 I almost spit my wine out!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That definitely calls for another bottle - congrats! Navy is loving you now Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.