Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship/FNBO Evergreen approvals

tag
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Flagship/FNBO Evergreen approvals

I was getting "that" itch again and was looking for a travel card that wouldn't mind my recent accounts and didn't have an absurd annual fee. My first stop was penfed, but their website isn't working for me to upload everything. On my phone and 2 computers. Can't upload. So they want me to mail in paper copies of everything needed to steal my identity... no thanks.

Applied for NFCU Flagship and was expecting a denial or to barely squeak by with a 5000 limit. 3 months ago I requested a limit increase on my cash rewards and was given 3000 of the 4000 increase I'd requested. So basically I was playing the slots and ...

22106C60-1C18-4463-B90B-874B3D4DC3C2.png

This is now my highest limit card. The next being their cash rewards @ 15,500. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper this weekend.

Applied for FNBO Evergreen as they had prequalified me on their site. Seems to be 50/50 from what I've read but approved for what I was prequaled. $8800 @ 22.something APR. If I ever have to carry a balance outside of a 0% period, I have cards with lower rates. 

New TCL: $83600. Pretty good considering a year ago it was 0 and my income is sub 100k. 

DPs:

-F8/F9 standard and Bankcard all around 730. No derogatory info. Scores only being suppressed by recent credit seeking (rebuilding) and lowering of average age. 
-Util 6%

-Dealership car loan from this January. 
-DTI I think 28% including rent.
-I've been with NFCU since 08 (active duty) but hadn't used the account since probably 2013. Was surprised last year when I saw it was still active. Made them my primary "bank" again last November. 
-I've been with FNBO since last October on a TCF bank cobranded card (essentially their platinum). They gave me a $6000 CLI last month so maybe a little surprising to get a decent approval. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship/FNBO Evergreen approvals

Congratulations on your approvals! 

Message 2 of 13
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship -and- FNBO Evergreen approvals!!!Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on two awesome approvals, but even moreso on your build the past year - that's fantastic progress and proof that you're doing things right.

Message 4 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 13
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on two awesome approvals, but even moreso on your build the past year - that's fantastic progress and proof that you're doing things right.

Thanks. I think my only missteps were crapital one (Bucketed QS1 will probably never grow) and maybe the synchrony sleep number card because **bleep** am I going to buy with that now?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think of that as growing pains and taking what you needed to at the time. Most of us outgrow the bucketed CapOne cards in short order. That bank fills a valuable niche but it's one that most of us only need to get established, and quickly move past.

Message 7 of 13
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship Rewards & FNBO Evergreen approval

Message 8 of 13
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Think of that as growing pains and taking what you needed to at the time. Most of us outgrow the bucketed CapOne cards in short order. That bank fills a valuable niche but it's one that most of us only need to get established, and quickly move past.

Capital one is definitely useful to a lot of people but I could've avoided it. It wasn't even reporting when I got my first navy and Amex cards. It really feels like a mistake on my part. 

Message 9 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship and FNBO approvals 👍🏼🎉

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.