Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Rewards & BoA Alaska Airlines Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Flagship Rewards & BoA Alaska Airlines Signature

I was about to pull the trigger on the Altitude Reserve, since I was at 1 new account in the last 12 months. But I decided to avoid US Bank due to the rumor of devaluing RTR from 1.5cpp to 1cpp, and the unannounced devaluation of flexperks from 1.25 to 1cpp without warning. I find it fortuitous that all that news came out days before I planned on applying (I WAS waiting for TU to report AZEO, didn't have the patience). To make up for all that altitude reserve lusting, I decided to go for the Alaska card since me and my DW could make use of that companion pass every year easily, and the SUB is pretty nice. I also decided to just app the flagship rewards as well to make it my catch all card since that SUB just came back. I joined NFCU a few minutes before apping the credit card. 

AAoA: 7 yrs

AoOA: 12.5 yrs

Income 140,000

Eq8:~820 Ex8:~800 TU8:~770

Had a Chase shutdown in mid 2018 for credit seeking behavior, I really dislike them. 

2% Util

BoA Alaska Airlines Sig

17k SL

Lowest APR

Pulled EX

NFCU Flagship

10k SL

Lowest APR

Pulled TU

I was surprised they pulled TU since I thought they would've soft pulled TU for the membership and then HP'd EQ for the CC. Might've been able to get a bigger SL since TU was showing 18% util instead of 2% like the other CBAs, with over a 50% util on one card where the others reported it as 0 (TU has been frustratingly slow to update, about a week behind the others). I understand NFCU usually gives the large SL on second and third cards, but I don't really plan on getting any of their other ones - I'll read up on the SP CLI thread.

I want to refi my car loan through NFCU, but worried I'm asking too much of them too quickly. Might join Penfed since EQ is showing no new accounts and no inquiries yet and a 820 score - bit afraid of a follow up SP and these new lenders seeing all the inquiries and take adverse action despite my intent to PIF. After that I plan on gardening for over a year while we look for a home to finally buy (my income is peas where I live).

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Rewards & BoA Alaska Airlines Signature

Big congrats!

Message 2 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous.. You will qualify for most likely a SP CLI on The Flagship after 91 days and 3 statements 91/3

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Would be nice if the CL was large enough that my monthly spend would be <9% util on it.

Message 6 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! Would be nice if the CL was large enough that my monthly spend would be <9% util on it.

They can be pretty generous at timesSmiley Happy

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals. Navy will grow, Don't you worry!! 🥳 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats!!

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think with Navy  credit score is what determines CL amount.   My 1st Navy I had around a 640 score & they gave me $24K.  My 2nd Navy score was around 660.....$25k.   $100K income that's what did it.   My mother got a Navy card income around $40K she's retired and they gave her $12K first card.   

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.