Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Rewards & BoA Alaska Airlines Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Flagship Rewards & BoA Alaska Airlines Signature

Navy doesn't mind you asking for money.  lol   I have 2 CC totalling $55K & a Car loan that is now at $21K (was $32K) Got the car loan and 1st credit card a few months apart.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think with Navy  credit score is what determines CL amount.   My 1st Navy I had around a 640 score & they gave me $24K.  My 2nd Navy score was around 660.....$25k.   $100K income that's what did it.   My mother got a Navy card income around $40K she's retired and they gave her $12K first card.   

Problem with that theory is I put down 140,000... I will probably make 150-160k on my W2 this year (37k YTD already on paystubs, 2 months into the calendar year) but the 140,000 would be backed by last years tax return in case they asked for POI. So I don't think that applies. My DTI is quite low as well, less than 10%. I have a mix of installment account, 3 current ones 1 of which is more than 80% paid off and the rest more than 70%. Even have a mortgage that's paid off from a few years ago too. IMO my profile where it stand now (hasn't always been the case) should qualify for the highest SL. If i included my DW's income then it would look even better.

Might have to do with my highest other limits, which is only 14k. I've never chased CLIs to get that any higher.

Message 12 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think with Navy  credit score is what determines CL amount.   My 1st Navy I had around a 640 score & they gave me $24K.  My 2nd Navy score was around 660.....$25k.   $100K income that's what did it.   My mother got a Navy card income around $40K she's retired and they gave her $12K first card.   

Problem with that theory is I put down 140,000... I will probably make 150-160k on my W2 this year (37k YTD already on paystubs, 2 months into the calendar year) but the 140,000 would be backed by last years tax return in case they asked for POI. So I don't think that applies. My DTI is quite low as well, less than 10%. I have a mix of installment account, 3 current ones 1 of which is more than 80% paid off and the rest more than 70%. Even have a mortgage that's paid off from a few years ago too. IMO my profile should qualify for the highest SL. If i included my DW's income then it would look even better.

Debt to Income is a huge factor they look at ..  IMO

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just calc'd my DTI, which is 8.9%. Again, don't really care - but I do care about misleading others who will eventually search for DP posts and want them to know.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! 👍

Message 18 of 21
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Double congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 19 of 21
Creditmakhi
Established Member

Congrats Navy is awesome 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.