cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Visa approval at lowest 10.24% rate but with a sad clown starting CL..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Flagship Visa approval at lowest 10.24% rate but with a sad clown starting CL..

I applied for my second NFCU credit card (Flagship) 12 hours ago and I got a sad clown $5,000 starting credit limit.

I knew from reading all the NFCU posts I would probably only get $5K-$10K since I got $25,000 on a cashRewards card less than four months ago and the full $15,000 CLOC two weeks ago both at their lowest rates. 

But at least I got their lowest interest rate again at 10.24% and I'm in the door to getting a second NFCU card up to $25,000 by the end of 2017. 

Stats: FICO 08 TU score 770, 0% ($2 reporting trick using) revolving debt, and five total inquiries. Other info in siggy.

Merry Credit Christmas Everyone

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Visa approval at lowest 10.24% rate but with a sad clown starting CL..

Congrats.  

I think getting an initial low interest rate is more important than a high starting credit limit.  We have seen how easy it is to get increases in the credit limits say every three months but it seems only possible to lower the interest rate about once a year if that.

Message 2 of 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Visa approval at lowest 10.24% rate but with a sad clown starting CL..

yeah, i got my 23k card in july this year ,they always denied me for cli, so 2 months ago i app for new card and got 7k. seems like they give out around 30k in cc.

Message 3 of 6
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Congrats CreditLuv! That's a great interest rate and I am sure you will be able to grow that SL thru CLI's in no time.
Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ill take the sad clown of a limit off your hands anyday lolSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry the sad clown is coming for you. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.