cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship approved - 2nd time 3rd NFCU card.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

NFCU Flagship approved - 2nd time 3rd NFCU card.

Well a bit of back story I have had 3 NFCU prior, but I valued the platinum over the Cash Rewards cards as 1.5% cards are dime a dozen let alone alot better exisy (citi dc, etc) so I applied for the Platinum being my 3rd NFCU about 6 months ago and approved at the time for 7900.  Since that time my EQ is now clean and last AR had me around a 790 EQ 09 score.  So I decided to write NFCU a letter and asked them to combine my CashRewards card CL into my Platinum and they did making my newest platinum at 32,900 and my original platinum at 25k both serve a purpose for multiple BT's if needed without whacking out any particular one utilization and also nice to have LOW APR cc's. 

Anyways with that all said I wanted that dang $500 sign-up bonus as have xmas shopping to still do and some upcoming minor travel.   So I took a stab in the dark and applied for the flagship as I actually like it since the overhaul of the card and the 500 sign-up makes it all the better.  So threw caution to the wind and applied this morning was hoping for instant approval but got under review.  This point I thought for sure i was denied as just combined my other 3rd card from them about 45 days ago or so.  About 5 hours later I got the approval email at the best APR of 11.99% and a cl of $16,400.  I am certainly happy with them and NFCU comes through again!

So my NFCU cards now consist of Plat 1 25k, Plat 2 32,.9k and now Flagship at 16.4k also have a CLOC with them at 10k.  

The pulled TU and my TU 09 FICO is 790 with 13 inquiries this is 1 or 2 in the last 6 months the other one was the last NFCU plat approval.  

Any other questions feel free to ask.  Side note yesterday I cancelled my UBER visa as well barclay's and just didnt use it that much along with I also cancelled my SPG business Amex card as need to make room for another Delta Business card sign-up for an upcoming trip so room had to be made and the SPG didn't make the cut.  Also have cancelled numerous other cards recently FNBO m-life, Amex Amerpise Platinum and several others.  Also considering the new gold personal amex in near future due to 4x cats.  Aggregate CL around 350k I think as when I get around this high i start trimming cards I no longer find a use for.  As my credit becomes near perfect a few more things will be purged and also  added as EX still has one paid CO that falls off in Jan and some late payments that will be gone in January as well ltime frame.  EQ is clean and TU with the score that got me approved on this card has some late payments as well that will be gone in January as well.. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 2.28.06 PM.png

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship approved - 2nd time 3rd NFCU card.

00congratulationss.gif  Congrats to you and Merry Christmas!

That's a great NFCU story...

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

wax-on, wax-off, wax-on, wax-off.. living a kirate kid moment.. you make it seem so easy!

congratulations! this is stellar work and beautifully executed 👌🏾
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new NFCU Flagship! That $500 SUB will come in handy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...way to go..congratulations!!

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations

Message 7 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations CC! You actually provided a good DP since I was thinking of combining and then reapplying for a 3rd one (at some point).

So, based on your overall profile, this 3rd one was a mid-SL when compared to your other 2 and I'm wondering (barring DTI, income and everything else), how well it'll grow to match the other 2 😉
Message 8 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thank all

@FinStar wrote:
Congratulations CC! You actually provided a good DP since I was thinking of combining and then reapplying for a 3rd one (at some point).

So, based on your overall profile, this 3rd one was a mid-SL when compared to your other 2 and I'm wondering (barring DTI, income and everything else), how well it'll grow to match the other 2 😉

IMO the next time i am eligable for a CLI it will be at 25k lol..  We shall see if that happens though Smiley Tongue.  I think this is the first time I have seen a combo or 3 to 2 has happened and then applying for a 3rd again.. It worked though somehow Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Ahhhhhhh yahhhhh! CC has done it again! Congratulations, I knew you could pull it off. 😀

Now can you please get me that lawn tractor I requested a while back?

Man it's getting old cutting your estate's front and back yards with a 18 inch push mower..😅

signed,

Your part time doorman and grounds keeper.😆

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.