Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship- approved

tag
Kp629
Valued Member

NFCU Flagship- approved

Have been gardening for a little while now... I have been trying to get a CLI on my cash rewards card with Navy Fed for a few months now but I keep getting denied. Started reading into it on here and saw some saying they were denied CLI but were approved for a new card with them on the same day. So I decided to go for the flagship (go big or go home right??) and got the dreaded 24-48 hour notice- this was Friday night... I was disappointed and automatically assumed it was a denial. This morning I got the email... APPROVED!!! For $20K which is my highest limit to date. I'm so thrilled!!  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship- approved

Your research paid you well. Congratulations!

Message 2 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your great NFCU Flagship Approval!

Message 3 of 19
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Congrats on the 20K Flagship approval!

Great move. I think NFCU denying/limiting a CLI but approving a new card with a nice SL shows they wanted you to expand the overall relationship with them (which is more significant than just a CLI on only one card). I previously did the same and afterwards it seemed as if they rolled out the welcome mat for future approvals on everything else.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 4 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 19
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the strong approval!

Message 6 of 19
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Kp629 wrote:

Have been gardening for a little while now... I have been trying to get a CLI on my cash rewards card with Navy Fed for a few months now but I keep getting denied. Started reading into it on here and saw some saying they were denied CLI but were approved for a new card with them on the same day. So I decided to go for the flagship (go big or go home right??) and got the dreaded 24-48 hour notice- this was Friday night... I was disappointed and automatically assumed it was a denial. This morning I got the email... APPROVED!!! For $20K which is my highest limit to date. I'm so thrilled!!  

CONGRATS!!!!!

The 24 - 48 hour reveiw notice is commonplace with NAVY. Just curious, how long since you were approved for a cli on the cash rewards?

What were  the reasons for denial on the letters from NAVY?

Generally you can ask for your first cli at 91 days and 3 full statements. Then further cli's can be requested 181 days and 6 full statements

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 7 of 19
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship Rewards approval

Message 8 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!!  Very nice!! Congratulations on your NFCU approval!!🎉🍾🥂

Message 9 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Flagship approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.