Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Go Rewards Visa Approved

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

NFCU Go Rewards Visa Approved

The allure of the sign up bonus was too much to resist, so I pulled the trigger on a NFCU Go Rewards Visa card.

I was concerned that even if approved I might be stuck with a small-ish credit line due to my existing exposure (I have a Platinum MasterCard), but things turned out OK:

GoRewardsApproval.png

My existing Platinum MC is at $24k, which is my largest credit line.  I got an auto-CLI on the MC back in March and I was concerned that I would be too close to my total exposure limit, but thankfully there was a little bit left.  (This was the first time I've ever been slightly disappointed to get a CLI... how things have changed the last few years!)  Smiley Wink

Anyway, they pulled TU; my score was 812 a couple of weeks ago.  I'm expecting a score 'ding' in Aug/Sept when my installment loan reports as PIF, so I figured I might as well "get while the getting is good" (LOL).  Also, I'm about to accept an upgrade on my CareCredit to the MasterCard version, which will report as a new account as well (and also likely causing a 'ding'). 

So far there's nothing else on the horizon... no complaints about that, though.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Go Rewards Visa Approved

Congrats on your NFCU approval UncleB! 👍😁 Very, very nice SL!

Would you eventually consider going for a 3rd NFCU CC? Maybe even a 4th one lol 😉😝

Great results either way!
Message 2 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Congrats on your NFCU approval UncleB! 👍😁 Very, very nice SL!

Would you eventually consider going for a 3rd NFCU CC? Maybe even a 4th one lol 😉😝

Great results either way!

Thanks my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

I think I'll likely be good with two... I can't imagine that they would want to give me any more than they already have!  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Nice SL.  The $200 kills me.  LOL.

Message 4 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go UBSmiley Happy. You deserve it and modest or not , simply Navtastic!

Finstar, not funnySmiley Sad I tried today for a 4th and was told kicking rocks is more my thangSmiley Wink

Good decision UB to take advantage of the CareCredit upgrade. Might as well nowSmiley Happy. 800 can always be achieved againSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh yeah, there goes your perfect square on mobile hahaSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to rock!! Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats UncleB 🎊🍾🎉🎈 Nice SL. Maybe you can help out AJ with my🎄🎁😀

Message 9 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and awesome approval and the best APR on the card as well and the best sign-up bonus.. Can't really beat that now can you?  Glad you decided to go for itSmiley LOL

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.