Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Go rewards (recon)/ Discover Graduation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Go rewards (recon)/ Discover Graduation

I opened up a NFCU checking account this morning and applied for NFCU GO Rewards credit card. I was approved with a starting limit of 1000.
I sent a secured message asking them to reconsider for a higher limit.

I have one other card with Discover. It is a secured card with a 500.00 limit. My 7th statment cuts on then 23rd. I'm home that I graduate!

I'll keep everyone updated on recon and graduation
15 REPLIES 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Go rewards (recon)/ Discover Graduation

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened up a NFCU checking account this morning and applied for NFCU GO Rewards credit card. I was approved with a starting limit of 1000.
I sent a secured message asking them to reconsider for a higher limit.

I have one other card with Discover. It is a secured card with a 500.00 limit. My 7th statment cuts on then 23rd. I'm home that I graduate!

I'll keep everyone updated on recon and graduation

Congratulations on your approval.

If Discover secured is your only other credit card, NFCU may want to see some history with them first before giving a higher limit. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they will give you a bump in CL.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, makes sense! Thanks for the feedback!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval, and good luck with the recon!
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:
Discover card graduated!! It graduated this morning, 3 days after my 7th statment. I checked my account to discover my credit limit had increased from 500 to 1800. No email notification received as of yet, but I'm sure I'll receive it soon.

Navy: recon was denied. I attempted to apply for another card with them, which was also denied. I know that I should just relax and let time take control. I'm happy with the 1000 credit limit they've started me with (for now😉).
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other great thing is... the navy credit card/recon/applying for another navy credit card didnt result in any other additional HP.
I guess they used the HP from me recently opening a checking account with them, which is great to only have 1 Inquiry after all was said and done.
Message 8 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.