Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU GoRewards Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU GoRewards Approval!

Hey All! 

I was granted membership to NFCU this afternoon through the navy league and I apped for the GoRewards Visa and was instantly approved for a SL of $1,300 at 18%. Not a huge SL but the second highest I have received since I began rebuilding! 

Data Points 

FICO 8 - I am actually unsure as to what bureau they pulled but my current FICO 8 scores are TU 606, EXP 606, and EQ 598. My assumption is whatever scoring model they used, it yielded higher scores that the FICO 8.

Income - $5100 monthly household income

Derogs - 2 charge offs over four years old.

Lates - I have a lot of late payments (currently disputing) with AES and FedLoan but they are over 4 years old and happened prior to a forbearence.

UTI - Current UTI is about 30% but with the four new accounts I just opened, it will go down to 12%.

I was pretty shocked I was instanly approved but I am extremely happy that I even got in with NFCU. My plan is to utilize the GoRewards card for one of my monthly bills, transfer the cash into my NFCU checking and then once the statement cuts, pay it in full to build a relationship as I am looking to take advantage of their 100% financing mortage option. If anyone has a better recomendation such as leaving a small balance, let me know! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU GoRewards Approval!

Hi skighler1 congratulations on becoming a NFCU member & your GoRewards approval!!!Thank you for the data points!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! In a year you can ask for them to lower your rate as well! With NFCU you aren't stuck with what you start with. 

Message 3 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP on your approval with Navy. I also got approved for the goRewards card today. It was not instant in my care. 

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to use the card to ensure a nice CLI?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and welcome to the NFCU family!

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on becoming a member and getting instantly approved. Honestly i dont think there is a correct way to use your card to insure cli. I think when the time is right, they will give you one if you qualify. Ive seen posters put a lunch on their card in 3 months and dtill get a 15 k increase. Just wnjoy your new puppy and watch it growSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take from when you applied for membership to get approved? How were you notified?

I just applied on Monday so I am trying to be patient.  I joined through the Navy League, as well.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a little bit of a weird experience. About 4 days after I emailed the app in, I got patient and drove to an nfcu branch where I was promptly told they cannot process navy league applications there. I then called customer service again and they got membership on the line to immediately process the application. On the same call I apped for the go rewards and was instantly approved.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new CL! NFCU is awesome! I have the same card and I love it!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.