Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Low Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Low Approval

Well I was finally approved for a NFCU Checking and Savings, upon recieving the email, I immedietly unlocked my TU and applied for the Cash Rewards card. It told me wait 24 hours. Well 24 hours is up and I got a text I was approved, after checking its only for 500$?? I was quite surprised by this approval amount, especially because my score is 682 when pulled, I also have several other cards with limits between 5k-10k. I am very happy to be in the door with them, but man this SL really discouraged me.

26 REPLIES 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Low Approval

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 27
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

If you check the forum, NFCU is more relationship oriented. When I applied the credit limit was initially very low. After establishing a relationship my second card was a lot higher limit. Hang in there. The good things are coming.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent went back to look but about how long should I wait before applying for 2nd card? I just deposited 1k into the accounts to keep a balance in there for the time being.

Message 4 of 27
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I havent went back to look but about how long should I wait before applying for 2nd card? I just deposited 1k into the accounts to keep a balance in there for the time being.

You can at 91days/3 statements. But better results have been coming at 6 months. Check out the NFCU cli thread, all of the experts are giving great information there.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 27
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Congrats on NFCU and just getting in the door is the main thing! Most can't even get a NFCU card or account and if you're in the military, they seem to give much higher limits. I am former military and thought my CL was on the low side, but since I just started with them I let it go. I then tried for a CLI by 3 months and was turned down. I should have left well enough alone, and now I'm past the 6 month time limit and I'm thinking of waiting till the end of year. I don't know if my sources are correct but they say not to go for too high on total credit limits for combined cards. What do you think?

Message 7 of 27
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

There is a wealth of information in this thread from people with an assortment of scores, credit history, and experiences. It's a very long thread and honestly most of the questions are asked repetitively. Try going through the last 10 pages or so and you will get the latest experiences with NFCU.

Message 8 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 27
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@flexin222 wrote:

Congrats on NFCU and just getting in the door is the main thing! Most can't even get a NFCU card or account and if you're in the military, they seem to give much higher limits. I am former military and thought my CL was on the low side, but since I just started with them I let it go. I then tried for a CLI by 3 months and was turned down. I should have left well enough alone, and now I'm past the 6 month time limit and I'm thinking of waiting till the end of year. I don't know if my sources are correct but they say not to go for too high on total credit limits for combined cards. What do you think?

From what I have read the limit on the cards is 25K except the Flagship which is 80K. Anything over 25K may initiate a financial review. As always YMMV.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.