Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Low Approval

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Low Approval

Congrats on the new relationship with NFCU, from what I see about this CU I would not worry too much, their cards grow.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This was the thread I was looking for! 

Message 12 of 27
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! This was the thread I was looking for! 

You are quite welcome. Happy reading.

Message 13 of 27
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 14 of 27
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Cash Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 15 of 27
AI_JMV
Regular Contributor

I have an 830 TU, and my SL was $1k.  Who knows what NFCU is looking for, but as others will opine, I know it will grow, it is just a matter of them getting to know me first. 

Sept 2022 EQ-825 TU-840 EX-830
UTIL: 1%
Message 16 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@flexin222 wrote:

Congrats on NFCU and just getting in the door is the main thing! Most can't even get a NFCU card or account and if you're in the military, they seem to give much higher limits. I am former military and thought my CL was on the low side, but since I just started with them I let it go. I then tried for a CLI by 3 months and was turned down. I should have left well enough alone, and now I'm past the 6 month time limit and I'm thinking of waiting till the end of year. I don't know if my sources are correct but they say not to go for too high on total credit limits for combined cards. What do you think?

Im curious why you say those in military get higher limits? Also, can you explain your last sentence? Thanks.

Message 17 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@AI_JMV wrote:

I have an 830 TU, and my SL was $1k.  Who knows what NFCU is looking for, but as others will opine, I know it will grow, it is just a matter of them getting to know me first. 

Honestly , credit score is the lesst important factor ive seen with Navy. An 850 wont necessarily get you top billing , as you have witnessed, whereas even a 600 wont eliminate one from contention.

Message 18 of 27
PlatoPuss
Established Member

Congratulations on your approval!

Current Cards:

Goal Cards

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that some of it has to do with "they know where you work". Start to miss payments, bounce checks, etc and you're likely to be visiting someone in your chain-of-command (e.g. First sergeant, etc.) If it's serious enough, you could be subject to non-judicial punishment.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.