Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

@xiocc wrote:
Yeah you can only get 3k more on the cc. Cloc can't be increased under any circumstances.

Thanks, yes I know about the LOC.   I was trying to increase the cash rewards but they will not give me another dime Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xiocc wrote:
Yeah you can only get 3k more on the cc. Cloc can't be increased under any circumstances.

My son applied for the CLOC on Friday and got $15k.  

When were they supposed to have reduced the maximum on the CLOC?  I searched and couldn't find any data points here on the forums about this.

Message 12 of 37
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes this is common . Congrats on massive limits. If they are not enough may i suggest Pendread🤡

You forgot to plug Discover ;p

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 13 of 37
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

I think max unsecured limit is the catch all they use when they don't want to state the real reason. I asked to increase my Cash Rewards 10k and was only given an additional 2k. About 8 hours later I asked for 5k on my Flagship and it came right through. So I guess that it is the catch all phrase when they don't want to say we will only give you 3 times the credit limit. Go figure.

Message 14 of 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CerebralZulu wrote:

I think max unsecured limit is the catch all they use when they don't want to state the real reason. I asked to increase my Cash Rewards 10k and was only given an additional 2k. About 8 hours later I asked for 5k on my Flagship and it came right through. So I guess that it is the catch all phrase when they don't want to say we will only give you 3 times the credit limit. Go figure.

Yeah, Navy has started using "maximum unsecured limit" to mean that particuar individual's maximum as distnguished from their real maximum of $80k in credit card limits.

Message 16 of 37
coachbeau
Valued Member

I applied for a CLI on my cash rewards and went from 1K to 1900. I immediately applied for the Go card and was given 15K. I got a letter the following week that said I was maxed on the cash rewards. Not sure why that is and then give me 15K on another card. I called and talked to a supervisor and they didn't understand it. Guess I'll wait and try again in 6 months.
Message 17 of 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@coachbeau wrote:
I applied for a CLI on my cash rewards and went from 1K to 1900. I immediately applied for the Go card and was given 15K. I got a letter the following week that said I was maxed on the cash rewards. Not sure why that is and then give me 15K on another card. I called and talked to a supervisor and they didn't understand it. Guess I'll wait and try again in 6 months.
Congratulations on your approval!
Message 18 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy used to be around $115k Unsecured in any combination of credit cards, checking line of credit and personal loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it though.

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Navy used to be around $115k Unsecured in any combination of credit cards, checking line of credit and personal loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it though.

It has always been -- and still is -- $80k on credit cards and $15k on NavChek.  Personal loans , from what I was recently told, max out at $50k unsecured.

I have $80k on credit cards, $15k on NavChek and just got approved for an instantly-approved unsecured $30k persoal loan.  

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.