cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

Correct. 50k is still the max for a single unsecured non co-applicant loan. CC and CLOC are not apart of that limit.






Message 21 of 37
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit


@O_G wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Navy used to be around $115k Unsecured in any combination of credit cards, checking line of credit and personal loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it though.


It has always been -- and still is -- $80k on credit cards and $15k on NavChek.  Personal loans , from what I was recently told, max out at $50k unsecured.

 

I have $80k on credit cards, $15k on NavChek and just got approved for an instantly-approved unsecured $30k persoal loan.  


Is Nav check the proper name for cloc? How long have you been a member if you don't mind me asking?



Message 22 of 37
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit


@CerebralZulu wrote:

@O_G wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Navy used to be around $115k Unsecured in any combination of credit cards, checking line of credit and personal loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it though.


It has always been -- and still is -- $80k on credit cards and $15k on NavChek.  Personal loans , from what I was recently told, max out at $50k unsecured.

 

I have $80k on credit cards, $15k on NavChek and just got approved for an instantly-approved unsecured $30k persoal loan.  


Is Nav check the proper name for cloc? How long have you been a member if you don't mind me asking?


I believe Navy Changed it to a Checking Line of Credit. Many of us got use to calling it a Nav Check.

Message 23 of 37
FinStar
Moderator

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

@Jccflat, just FYI - the above thread recently surfaced and might help with some of the questions you might have regarding overall NFCU exposure.
Message 24 of 37
O_G
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit


@CerebralZulu wrote:

@O_G wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Navy used to be around $115k Unsecured in any combination of credit cards, checking line of credit and personal loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered it though.


It has always been -- and still is -- $80k on credit cards and $15k on NavChek.  Personal loans , from what I was recently told, max out at $50k unsecured.

 

I have $80k on credit cards, $15k on NavChek and just got approved for an instantly-approved unsecured $30k persoal loan.  


Is Nav check the proper name for cloc? How long have you been a member if you don't mind me asking?


NavChek was the proper name until several years ago when they renamed it CLOC.  Been a member about 35 years.  

Message 25 of 37
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

NavChek is the name of the product. CLOC is the classification. NFCU has more than one type of CLOC however all the varients are listed as NavChek.






Message 26 of 37
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

It is much higher Smiley Wink






Message 27 of 37
O_G
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit


@xiocc wrote:
NavChek is the name of the product. CLOC is the classification. NFCU has more than one type of CLOC however all the varients are listed as NavChek.

Actually, no.  NFCU retired the NavChek moniker several yars ago and now only refers to it as Checking Line of Credit.

 

There is a CLOC for personal accounts and also, I believe for business accounts.  Those are the only two types they have.  At least for the personal CLOC, the maximum is $15,000.  Credit cards are $80,000.  Unsecured personal loan is $50,000.  

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 8.48.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-04 at 8.49.35 PM.png

Message 28 of 37
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit

Incorrect. You may call them and ask what it is listed as on your account. Name is NavChek, Product type is CLOC. If it's an active duty checking account, then it's an ADLOC and operates slightly different. Just the same as you have everyday checking and echecking. Different name, same type of account. I believe it was done so that people with Nfcu accounts that didn't have a CLOC and heard the term, would have a better idea of what it was.

The unsecured signature loan single non co-applicant limit is 50k. However, you can have many, and that total aggregation of just that loan type is much higher.

Between 2017 and 2019 they started separating all limits to be product specific instead of a total exposure limit. There still is a grand total however that is a much more complicated chat lol






Message 29 of 37
O_G
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Maximum unsecured credit limit


@xiocc wrote:
Incorrect. You may call them and ask what it is listed as on your account. Name is NavChek, Product type is CLOC. If it's an active duty checking account, then it's an ADLOC and operates slightly different. Just the same as you have everyday checking and echecking. Different name, same type of account. I believe it was done so that people with Nfcu accounts that didn't have a CLOC and heard the term, would have a better idea of what it was.

The unsecured signature loan single non co-applicant limit is 50k. However, you can have many, and that total aggregation of just that loan type is much higher.

Between 2017 and 2019 they started separating all limits to be product specific instead of a total exposure limit. There still is a grand total however that is a much more complicated chat lol

Nope.

 

My checking is active duty checking.  My wife's is not.  We both have CLOC.  

 

I also did call.  Their CLOCs all have a $15k limit on personal accounts.  They also acknowledge that the name NavChek was retired and replaced by CLOC.  

 

Not only do the CSRs not agree with you, perhaps their web designers don't either:

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 9.24.26 PM.png

 

Maximum across all personal CCs is $80k, excluding authorized user accounts.  Maximum on CLOC is $15k.  There may be a chance they could give you more than one unsecured personal loan, but I seriously doubt you will get two or even three unless the other(s) have been significantly paid down.  Just for the heck of it, I'll check that out on Monday.  I guy who used to be in my unit is on the board of Navy FCU.  

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.