cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Membership + Platinum APPROVAL (w/BK reporting)!

tag
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

NFCU - Membership + Platinum APPROVAL (w/BK reporting)!

Hello once again, Friends! 

Gosh this past week has been somewhat of an unplanned app spree. Smiley Happy  I hope to update with more DPs but wanted to at least share something that I thought would be very encouraging for those trying for an NFCU credit card. 

To preface, I just joined today.  I had to call in as my relative who is an Army Vet is deceased.  No documentation requested/required, but given the disclaimer that it is possible they may request it at a later date if needed.  Call took about 30 mins.  I asked for savings & checking accounts & waited until I got home and set up my online account before applying for a card.

I used the Prequalify tool and only the Secured nRewards card came up.  (Disappointing as I just received a 10K SL on PenFed's Visa Sig card - but, I just had an update on TU that would account for this disparity to a point). 

I also looked at My Offers on my NFCU account and the Cash Rewards card banner was there.  Reading on MF tho', I know the banner is more of a suggestion so I took it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, ulitimately, I decided to just go for it and apply for the Platinum which is the card I really wanted (primarily for the 0% BT).  I did this rather than assume that the Secured nRewards card was the only card that I would be able to get and I'm SO glad I did as I was approved for it!

My SL on the Platinum is SUPER low tho' - 1K (& a 14.99% apr) but I'm in and withcard that has potential!  Really looking forward to requesting a CLI in 90-ish days! Smiley Happy

Anyway, just wanted to share that even if a secured card comes up as the only option, don't let it disuade you!  Go ahead and apply for what you really want!

DP:

TU pulled (673 )

No HP for Membership (that has shown so far). 

11% UTI

5 INQ (3 in past couple months)

CH7 BK Discharged Sep 2014

More DP to come..

PEL/Raven

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU - Membership + Platinum APPROVAL (w/BK reporting)!

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 2 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pacem_et_libertatum, You can ask for a CLI at 91 days and 3 full statements.

APR reductions you have to wait 1 year.

Message 3 of 15
slickwidit
Established Contributor

congratulations! 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾! Navy at it again!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 4 of 15
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Thank you, @M_Smart007!

Message 5 of 15
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Oh, thank you!!  I will definitely keep this in mind!  I believe there is a wonderful thread on MF that has all sorts of good info and DP on NFCU CLI & Additional Cards, which I will definitely be checking out!  

Message 6 of 15
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Have 4 Vets in the family (including an ex Husband - Go Navy!) so super happy to be with NFCU!

Message 7 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@pacem_et_libertatum wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Oh, thank you!!  I will definitely keep this in mind!  I believe there is a wonderful thread on MF that has all sorts of good info and DP on NFCU CLI & Additional Cards, which I will definitely be checking out!  

@pacem_et_libertatum, I believe you are correctSmiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 8 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on starting with NFCU

Message 9 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.