Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership & Cash Rewards CC Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Membership & Cash Rewards CC Approval

Applied for a Navy Federal membership today and was approved. A few minutes later I applied for the Cash Rewards credit card and was approved for a $1000 SL. Was hoping for a higher limit to use this card for balance transfers but I will take it. I sent a message for recon asking for a higher limit and just waiting to hear back. I know the general rule is to wait 90 days to apply for another credit card but is it another HP to apply for a ploc? Thanks

Fico8

EQ 678

TU 693

EX 667

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership & Cash Rewards CC Approval

Yes everything with Navy is hp and its after 3 statements, 91 days that's its recommended to go for cli. Not necessarily best time to app a second card but you can do so. Congrats and welcome to #TEAMNAVYSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the info AJC!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals ..take care of them .. they grow very fast

Message 4 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Welcome to NFCU and congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 11
joshk4u
Valued Member

Congrats !! Did you ever hear back from them after sending a message about recon? Was curious because I am in the same boat ...got approved today Visa CashRewards and small SL 600.00 but wasn't sure if I should ask for a recon - again Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Joshk4u, never hurts to recon . Worse that happens is they say not at this time. No worries with the $600 sl . My Plat started at $500 , first cli request at 3/91 got an increase to 5kSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

I havent recieved a message yet, ive been hitting F5 all day lol.

@joshk4u wrote:

Congrats !! Did you ever hear back from them after sending a message about recon? Was curious because I am in the same boat ...got approved today Visa CashRewards and small SL 600.00 but wasn't sure if I should ask for a recon - again Congratulations!!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update

NFCU sent a message stating that I got maximum starting limit that I qualified for and they like to see at least 3 months of on-time payments before credit limit increase. Time to Garden

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update #2

Decided to app for the Cloc and asked for $5K just to play it safe and was approved. Blessing
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.