Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership and generous Cash Rewards Approval 29 months post BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Membership and generous Cash Rewards Approval 29 months post BK

An amazing bump in my hubby's credit portfolio happened yesterday. Membership approved on 12/28, and he app'd for the Cash Rewards card that evening. Got an email yesterday afternoon - Approved for $24K with an APR of 12.9. NFCU rocks!!

C7 BK was d/c on 7/14.  His rebuild has been busy.  Cap One started him on his rebuild journey, and he will forever be grateful to them.  Within six months of his d/c, they thought enough of him to give him his first Venture card with a $10K CL.  That was his big break.  Thank you, Cap One! 

By the time he app'd for membership to NFCU, he had closed all of his store cards.  In his wallet at the time - two Cap One cards, two Penfed cards, Discover and Citi Costco Visa.  Now, there's one more, and he couldn't be more thrilled.  With his SL being so high, he won't be asking for any CLI's in the near future.  In April, he wll app for Discover Miles and another NFCU product. After that, he's done. There's nothing else he needs! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership and generous Cash Rewards Approval 29 months post BK

Congrats to your hubby... what an awesome SL... and, that 24k makes a very nice pry bar with other cards as far as SL and CLI as well. 😎
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic news for you and your hubby, my friend!

A great APR as well and you can be very proud of the progress you have made. Congratulations and Happy New Year!
Message 3 of 25
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your hubby

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, fltire! Hope Discover takes notice of his newest tradeline.  Hubby is at $12.5K with them, and has been receiving regular increases through the love button. He's been using his Discover card heavily, so a CL of $20K would be really nice.

His total credit lines are $98K, so he's almost at that $100K mark.  What a difference 2.5 years can make.  His scores are very similar to yours.  Broke the 700 club a few times, but new inquiries and accounts chip away any advances he makes.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, humu! He was really shocked at his SL, but the 12.9 APR was not at all expected. So happy for him! Happy New Year to you, my friend! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, JLHC! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

You are very welcome

Message 8 of 25
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I also hope Discover takes notice my credit file soon lol I have a 756  credit score and started with 500.00 sl and just got my first cli to 800.00 grrr at DISCOVER LOL.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

I also hope Discover takes notice my credit file soon lol I have a 756  credit score and started with 500.00 sl and just got my first cli to 800.00 grrr at DISCOVER LOL.

Geez, what's up with that? Your scores warrant a much higher CL.  My own Discover SL was $800, and I finally hit $4K (I've had this card for two years).  Hubby got his card in April of this year, and he's at $12.5K.  Big difference, though, in our credit profiles.  He filed BK, and I did not.  It has actually taken me longer to rebuild my credit, but all of my baddies have aged off recently, and my scores have been rising.  Also, hubby has a significantly higher income than I do, and that makes a difference when you are rebuilding.

When did you get approved for your card? Recently? 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.