Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards AMEX - approval

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU More Rewards AMEX - approval

Excellent, grats on your new more rewards approval!

Message 11 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

That's a sweet Navy approval.

I've been using my More Rewards almost daily since I was approved in Sept 2020. 

As long as the categories fit your spend, you'll load up on the points.

The one downside imo is redemption for cash back doesn't start until you've accumulated 5000 points.

You can still use any amount of points towards a statement credit though.

Enjoy your new card!

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 13
DONZI
Established Contributor

I'm happy with the approval of course, but just for kicks I chatted (online) with a couple people at Navy who pointed me to the message system if I wanted to approach NFCU for some tweaks on the new card.

Basically told them I see the card being a daily use card while home in the USA and normally PIF, but..

Mostly I figured that having eyes on the thing immediately might make a difference in the CL and APR.. If not, no problem. Still going to be a great addition.

FYI: Got a reply today regarding the attempt to bump the CL up and the APR down, not gonna happen at this time. Understandable all things considered. The did relay some useful information which is posted elsewhere here on the forum -- but anyhow:

"Thank you for your message about the credit limit assigned to your newly opened credit card account. Based on the information provided in your application and Navy Federal’s lending policies, your credit card’s credit limit is at the maximum credit limit you qualify for at this time.
You may apply for an increase to this credit limit at any time, however, Navy Federal typically requires a new account to be open at least three months before approving an increase to its credit limit. You can request an APR review after the account has been open for 12 months."

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.