Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards Amex Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU More Rewards Amex Approval

Uhh... not sure what to think but I figured that since this is a new card or it’s not been in the list previously that I would test out my luck and I’ll be honest I didn’t expect to be approved at all.

To my surprise after hitting the button it spun around for about 2 minutes and then came back with the APPROVAL!

Not a huge amount, but matches my Platinum MC with them at $3k with 18% APR.

The rate isn’t the greatest but the fun thing with NFCU is that if you take care of them, then they take care of you.

Super EXCITED!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU More Rewards Amex Approval

@VelosterBEAR wrote:
Uhh... not sure what to think but I figured that since this is a new card or it’s not been in the list previously that I would test out my luck and I’ll be honest I didn’t expect to be approved at all.

To my surprise after hitting the button it spun around for about 2 minutes and then came back with the APPROVAL!

The rate isn’t the greatest but the fun thing with NFCU is that if you take care of them, then they take care of you.

Super EXCITED!

Great news VelosterBEAR! That's a pretty cool card I must say. I want one!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I’m excited to start using it since you earn x3 the points on groceries and gas.
Message 3 of 14
dlm0820
Contributor

@VelosterBEAR wrote:

Super EXCITED!

And what Sign up bonus did you get with the card?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you receive your Platinum Card? Has it been more than the first 91+?

I have 5 weeks left before I request my first CLI and app for 2nd card. I wonder if their criteria is different for this new card and if its safer to app for one of their other cards.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t get any sort of sign up bonus for the card. Not sure if I was suppose to or not. I didn’t see anything on the website regarding you getting anything.

As for the Platinum card, I got that back in June. I have went past the 90 day/3 statement system. I had the initial limit of $1700 and they upped the credit limit to $3000. I got lucky and did this after they did the account review, so I got away with getting the increase with no HP.

Now when I asked for the CLI, I also did app for a second CC at that time. I was denied and told my account on the Platinum was still too new. Kind of weird, so I went for the CLOC and got the full $15k on that request.

About 20 days later I apply for the now second CC and I was approved!

If I was you then follow the 90 day/3 statement cut system to get the increase on your current card and then feel free to apply for the CLOC also but then give it about 2 or 3 more weeks before applying for the second CC. I know some people have had no problem getting the second CC right after the CLI increase but I didn’t personally.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

great info. Thank you!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VelosterBEAR wrote:
I didn’t get any sort of sign up bonus for the card. Not sure if I was suppose to or not. I didn’t see anything on the website regarding you getting anything.

As for the Platinum card, I got that back in June. I have went past the 90 day/3 statement system. I had the initial limit of $1700 and they upped the credit limit to $3000. I got lucky and did this after they did the account review, so I got away with getting the increase with no HP.

Now when I asked for the CLI, I also did app for a second CC at that time. I was denied and told my account on the Platinum was still too new. Kind of weird, so I went for the CLOC and got the full $15k on that request.

About 20 days later I apply for the now second CC and I was approved!

If I was you then follow the 90 day/3 statement cut system to get the increase on your current card and then feel free to apply for the CLOC also but then give it about 2 or 3 more weeks before applying for the second CC. I know some people have had no problem getting the second CC right after the CLI increase but I didn’t personally.

Great info VelosterBEAR. I'm going to follow your strategy for sure. I've had the CashRewards card for a month but I'm wondering if I should go ahead and app the CLOC now?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to cause I waited about a month to apply for the CLOC initially but they countered me with $3500 instead of the $15k.

I declined it and of course doing so paid off since they gave me the full $15k 2 months later.
Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super sweet VB, very happy for youSmiley Happy. We both know in time they grow and im sure apr can be lowered after a yearSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.