Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards Amex Approved! 22.6K SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU More Rewards Amex Approved! 22.6K SL

To all,

Strategically I waited months and this year so far I've gained over 160-175 points acrossed

my EX,TU,EX.  After having a secured card from NFCU opened on 7/25 for $500, I used 

roughly 50% of my limit but always paid it down to a $15,$12,$10,$7 balance the 4 months.

Since my first statement was short, I waited until the fourth cut (yesterday) and today I applied

for the NFCU More Rewards Amex.  I was approved for $22,600 @ 9.65%.  I have already spoken

to the rep and I will be doing a CLI through message to get an even $25K without a hard pull.

The pull this morning was with TU.  If you'd like to know some of the approaches I took, please

feel free to ask questions!  Have a great day and yay ficofam! We did it!

NFCU.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU More Rewards Amex Approved! 22.6K SL

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 18
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Well done!! Congrats on the solid approval!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Approval..

Nice SLSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the monster SL! Enjoy your Cc 👍

Message 5 of 18
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To all,

Strategically I waited months and this year so far I've gained over 160-175 points acrossed

my EX,TU,EX.  After having a secured card from NFCU opened on 7/25 for $500, I used 

roughly 50% of my limit but always paid it down to a $15,$12,$10,$7 balance the 4 months.

Since my first statement was short, I waited until the fourth cut (yesterday) and today I applied

for the NFCU More Rewards Amex.  I was approved for $22,600 @ 9.65%.  I have already spoken

to the rep and I will be doing a CLI through message to get an even $25K without a hard pull.

The pull this morning was with TU.  If you'd like to know some of the approaches I took, please

feel free to ask questions!  Have a great day and yay ficofam! We did it!

NFCU.jpg

Congrats on the great approval!!!  Looks like higher 600's currently FICO wise for you, do you have any old derogs on your TU report?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have 3 student loans that were 60 days late 2 year ago in November,

12 other late payments (Divorce in 2016) and REPO CO that is still outstanding

at around $19K.  I am currently in the works of negotatiating that down to $4.5K.

I do have a long credit history though with student loans going from $240K down

to currently $56K.  I use every mix of credit except for Mortgage.  I do believe that

to CO's have aged enough that they are not affecting my FICO 8 score too much.

I can gain roughly 20-30 more points if I can pay my student loans down around 

$15K.  Do to graduating in 2007, the economy crashed and finances were difficult.

The 15K for the student loans is to get certain loan that were deferred during those

periods to 50-60 percent paid off from their origination principal balance.

I'll also post what my internal score was during the time of the NFCU approval.  When

I got the secured card, it was somewhere around 390/500.

Message 7 of 18
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have 3 student loans that were 60 days late 2 year ago in November,

12 other late payments (Divorce in 2016) and REPO CO that is still outstanding

at around $19K.  I am currently in the works of negotatiating that down to $4.5K.

I do have a long credit history though with student loans going from $240K down

to currently $56K.  I use every mix of credit except for Mortgage.  I do believe that

to CO's have aged enough that they are not affecting my FICO 8 score too much.

I can gain roughly 20-30 more points if I can pay my student loans down around 

$15K.  Do to graduating in 2007, the economy crashed and finances were difficult.

The 15K for the student loans is to get certain loan that were deferred during those

periods to 50-60 percent paid off from their origination principal balance.

I'll also post what my internal score was during the time of the NFCU approval.  When

I got the secured card, it was somewhere around 390/500.

Thank you.  NFU is just crazy sometimes.  I swear they often seem to reward us who are greatly improving our files.  Nice internal score.  My last one was 306 but that was via my last denial in May.  Tempted to give #3 a shot again...

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 8 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nicely done! Congratulations on your great NFCU Approval!

Message 9 of 18
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.