Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU More Rewards Approval

Good Evening or Morning Everyone,

I am old to browsing the forums here but new as member and just had to share.  So I recently began working on my credit but 3 years ago I applied for the NFCU nRewards which was a suggestion in one of the threads here with the hope that it would graduate and to this day it is still a secured card.  Well the other day I was reading one of the NFCU card topics and a user mentioned they called NFCU to see if they were pre qualified for any other there cards.  Long story short they were, applied and recieved a card.  Seeing this inspired me I felt like what do I have to loose.  I felt, I was not doing to bad.  I did get a CLI on my QS card all though not what I expected after a year and CreditOne turned me down for CLI but gave me a new card go figure and some how the stars were in line and on Christmas VS while shoping for the ladies of the house gave me a card.

Ok back to NFCU well I mustard up the strength to call and see if I was pre qualified and surprising the CSR told me yes I was qualified for all there cards.  I calmly said thank you while holding back my glee because everyone and I mean everyone has not pre approved or prequalified me for any card except the DiscoverIT secured card.

Well after hanging up I contemplated if this was real but I figured like I said earlier I have nothing to lose.  I decided to pull the trigger on the NFCU More Rewards after comparing and I thought I believe this card is truely part of the AMEX card system unlike the one offered by CreditOne and would you know in my haste I selected the GO Rewards but would you know I was approved for $10,000 on the spot but immediatly got bummed out because I realized my mistake.  So next morning I decided to call and see if I was still pre qualified because I had selected the wrong card and thought to roll  the dice again.  The CSR said I was still approved but I should wait and that did not sit well.  Well today the stars were in my favor again I called another CSR with the same questions but this time I mentioned I had selected the wrong card and really wanted the NFCU More Rewards Amex because of its benefits on the AMEX network and low and behold he said the best phrase I have ever heard "YOU KNOW YOU CAN SELECT ANOTHER CARD SO LONG AS YOU ARE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF APPROVAL AND ARE QUALIFIED".  Of course my response was really but I do not want to lose my CL.  He assured me I would not lose my CL or have another HP on my credit and with in a 5 minutes I said so long to my GoRewards and Hello to my More Rewards.

Fun fact if I want I have 30 days to switch back if I like.

I am really glad and now if possible could someone explain what I may be doing wrong for CLIs or explain the 91/3 because I have one coming up in the near future.

12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU More Rewards Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU More Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I just got the same card yesterday!

91/3 is 91 days and 3 statements. That's when you can apply for the first credit limit increase, and another card!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

You can apply for another credit limit increase 6 months after the each one. You can apply for an APR reduction after each year anniversary.

Theres a HUGE navy federal thread over in the Applications forum with INFINITE knowledge about some of their inner workings. 

Congrats again on that MONSTER LIMIT! Hopefully they will graduate your nRewards soon!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU More Rewards approval!

Message 6 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval 👍

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your Navy Fed More Rewards approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good story, grats on getting what you wanted and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.