Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

NFCU More Rewards

So I called in to NFCU to address an issue with my car loan, and when I was done with that, the rep said that she notices I haven't been using my Cash Rewards cards for the past several months - is there any particular reason?   I said yeah, I've outgrown the rewards stucture.  We chatted a bit about rewards, then she asks if I'd like to apply for the More Rewards card.  Being a MyFico member, I ask her if she can see if I'm pre-approved.   She takes some time, and yes, I am pre-approved.  I tell her I'll think about it, and we end the call.

This morning, I finally succumb to the inevitable and apply online.   3x points on gas and transit covers the majority of my non category spend that I put on my Venture.  A 30K point SUB  is a bonus... I can run $3K through it in 90 days pretty easily.

I'm not immediately approved, but 20 minutes later I get this in my email:

NFCU.jpg

My highest SL and lowest interest rate by far I've ever gotten!

Now I need to freeze my reports to keep me from apping any more...   I did SO good for almost a year, and now to new cards in two months!

As always, thanks to all who helped me get to where I am today!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU More Rewards

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU More Rewards approval and nice SL!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats! 

Message 5 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 22
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Navy card and massive SL!

Message 7 of 22
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Awesome SL!
Message 9 of 22
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM...You...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your NFCU More Rewards approval, the MASSIVE SL, and the LOWEST APR!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.