cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU NREWARDS GRADUATED TO CASH REWARDS.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU NREWARDS GRADUATED TO CASH REWARDS.

My journey with Navy started on Feb 2020 as I open a Checking and Savings. On the same day of account opening I was so tempted to apply for any of their unsecured cards but I had a feeling that was going to be a denied so I played it safe and went with their secured card. Threw in around 800 in there. If I'm not mistaken my score at the time was 641. On jun 23 I ran the pre qualify link and all cards were showing as pre approved. I really wanted the MR Amex but since Amex is more picky or strict with the scoring decided to apply for Go Rewards.....Boom!! approved 20K %14.99 I was so happy that kept login in my account multiple times during the day to verify was not an error I couldn't belive it. 20 days later I PC to the MR from Amex. My 6th statement on the Nrewards posted on 08-10 and Boom!! My secured card just graduated to unsecured Cash Rewards 2K exactly 6 months after my opening date. On SEP 24 my MR will reach 91/3 and I want to go for that low apr with the Platinum. I have about 10K from another credit union charging at 18% and I will love to use some balance transfer to pay it ASAP. If I accomplish that I'll be extremely happy and also reached the max amount of cards with Navy. CR MR and PL for me are the most powerful cards that NAVY offers based on my daily expenses and my profile of spending. IMHO the flagship card doesn't give you a lot of value with an annual fee compare to others Amex cards. So far I'm very pleased with what I got and really appreciate the OPPORTUNITY Navy has given me with those HUGE SL. For those of you out there whatever your goals are on this credit game the most important thing is patience and consistency on low utilization and having  no lates. If you accomplised those things you will become triumphant. Everything I've learned in the past 6 mths related to credit comes from this great community myfico. Thanks to every single user here for sharing there stories and data points. Whatever you contributed is greatly appreciated GOOD LUCK YA'll.Smiley Very Happy 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU NREWARDS GRADUATED TO CASH REWARDS.

Congratulations on your graduation!

Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your graduation...

Message 3 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation!!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, graduate! 🎉🎉🎉  🛳💙

Message 5 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the graduation! I would also try for a CLI on that card as well.  Quite a few of us have had luck with CLIs after graduating, but of course your YMMV.  

Message 6 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Way to go!!!!!  Congratulations!!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the graduation! I would also try for a CLI on that card as well.  Quite a few of us have had luck with CLIs after graduating, but of course your YMMV.  

Does asking for a cli on the graduating card reset the clock on applying for my third card ? I'll be at 91/3 on sept 23. I'm planning on hitting the platinum.

Message 8 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

Does asking for a cli on the graduating card reset the clock on applying for my third card ? I'll be at 91/3 on sept 23. I'm planning on hitting the platinum.

@Anonymous   From my understanding it won't reset the clock. Even though it graduated with a CLI, there has been reports of a double dip CLI.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Secured-Graduated/m-p/6012852

Message 9 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU secured graduation!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.