cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU NavChek approved !!!!CC next?

tag

Re: NFCU NavChek approved !!!!CC next?

BTW the Navchek doesn't say any interest rate or anything. Is this normal?

Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, your loan application has been approved for $5,000.00. As you requested, the loan proceeds will be available for you to pick up at the Branch. Please allow one business day for document processing.

Your confirmation number is xxxxxxx

Ready to buy? Locate a participating dealership and receive low, established pricing! Visit the Navy Federal Auto Buying Program today!

Payment Protection is available. Click here for more information.

NFCU $500 Secured
NFCU $1k Secured
CapOne $200 Secured
SFCU $14,500 Auto @ 3.99% joint
Message 11 of 31
H4LO
Established Contributor

It's 13.99%. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 12 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMender13 wrote:

BTW the Navchek doesn't say any interest rate or anything. Is this normal?

Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, your loan application has been approved for $5,000.00. As you requested, the loan proceeds will be available for you to pick up at the Branch. Please allow one business day for document processing.

Your confirmation number is xxxxxxx

Ready to buy? Locate a participating dealership and receive low, established pricing! Visit the Navy Federal Auto Buying Program today!

Payment Protection is available. Click here for more information.

Instant?

1. Congrats!

2. Never not ask for the max with Navy because look what happens when you are surprised in a good way, you could have gotten more!

3. I thought they unsecured after a year but whatever, apply for unsecured NOW!!

Message 13 of 31

Received a window stating a decision within 1 hour. Sure enough slightly after an hour.

Im a little gun shy with nfcu and credit. When I first got into NFCU I tried for a unsecured card and received a $3k approval. When recon for higher limit they wrote back stating the 3k was a mistake and could only offer me a secured. Wow talk about heart break.

So does this mean i should recon the Navchek ? If so nervous they would strip it
NFCU $500 Secured
NFCU $1k Secured
CapOne $200 Secured
Message 14 of 31

Applied for cash rewards and it gave me the 3-5 wait.....
NFCU $500 Secured
NFCU $1k Secured
CapOne $200 Secured
Message 15 of 31
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 16 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMender13 wrote:
Received a window stating a decision within 1 hour. Sure enough slightly after an hour.

Im a little gun shy with nfcu and credit. When I first got into NFCU I tried for a unsecured card and received a $3k approval. When recon for higher limit they wrote back stating the 3k was a mistake and could only offer me a secured. Wow talk about heart break.

So does this mean i should recon the Navchek ? If so nervous they would strip it

Wow, That's the first time I have ever heard of Navy reversing a decision... sorry.

I bet you hear monday on your credit card.

Message 17 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@CreditMender13 wrote:

You're in with the NavCheck with a decent limit so don't worry about a recon.  Give it some time to report and then go for it.  There is no need to rock the boat now.

I understand how you feel because I was there once too!  You can request CLI pretty easily.  I remember doing it like 3 times in one day.  Had I just requested the max, like it was suggested on here, it would have only been one request.

But you're in now so I would just practice some patience right now (I know it's easier said than done) while you're waiting on the decision for your CC.  You will get some amazing increases in due time. 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 31
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@CreditMender13 wrote:
Been with NFCU for a year now. I have 2 secured cards ($500 & $1000). Just applied for NavChek expecting denial and approved for the $5k I asked for!!!!! AMAZED and still in disbelief. Trying to rebuild after 2007 left me in a pit of various CO's and lates. Now after trying to resolve some (these boards are heaven sent) and others starting to fall off, I am trying to get in good with NFCU and possibly get to the point of buying the house we have been renting from family.

Thinking of trying for a 3rd card as my 12th statement just cut on 19th for my secured 1k and didn't insecure. I wrote NFCU and they replied that the aren't able to convert it and to apply for a unsecured card and if approved, cancel my secured or keep it. Any advise??

TU 615 EQ 610 EX 585

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 19 of 31

Thanks everyone for your valuable advice and kudos Smiley Happy
NFCU $500 Secured
NFCU $1k Secured
CapOne $200 Secured
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.