Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU, PenFed, and Cap1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU, PenFed, and Cap1

I was approved last month for PenFed's Platinum Rewards (my very first siggy!). I was waiting on NFCU and My Citi Costco recon before hitting the garden.

During my wait, I apped for the PLOC from PenFed and was denied twice (once for 15k and the other for 5k). The Citi Costco denial ended up staying as is due to too many inquiries.

Fast forward to 4th of July weekend..I got my membership approved for NFCU! I apped for both the GoRewards CC and the NAVChek. I was approved for the GoRewards for 1700 and was still waiting on the NAVChek. They asked for some documents for verification, but I didn't hold high hopes since I was already denied from PenFed. I woke up this morning to find out that I was approved for the full 15k NAVChek! Smiley Very Happy

The PenFed Siggy and NFCU GoRewards were my main goal before garden time, but the NAVChek was the cherry on top!

My last two CCs I want on my permanent credit profile were the Disney Premier and Marvel. I decided to skip Marvel and apped for the Cap1 PlayStation card instead. They required docs too, so I am just waiting on that. Since my HP was already done for that app, I'm considering myself officially in the garden for a year. I figured that would be a good time to wait before apping for Disney Premier.

Thanks to everyone in this wonderful forum. Without all of you, I would have never heard of PenFed and NFCU. Your advice that I have been reading has also helped me tremendously in my credit rebuild. I can't wait to watch my PenFed Siggy, NFCU GoRewards, and Barclays NFL card (received in May) grow. Those three are going to be my primary go-to cards for a while. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU, PenFed, and Cap1

Congrats on your journey and your approvals! I am a big fan of PenFed, Navy, and CapitalOne. All have treated me well! Enjoy your new cards! 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Congrats on your journey and your approvals! I am a big fan of PenFed, Navy, and CapitalOne. All have treated me well! Enjoy your new cards! 

Thank you! I am very excited. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the PF Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Welcome to PF!
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved last month for PenFed's Platinum Rewards (my very first siggy!). I was waiting on NFCU and My Citi Costco recon before hitting the garden.

During my wait, I apped for the PLOC from PenFed and was denied twice (once for 15k and the other for 5k). The Citi Costco denial ended up staying as is due to too many inquiries.

Fast forward to 4th of July weekend..I got my membership approved for NFCU! I apped for both the GoRewards CC and the NAVChek. I was approved for the GoRewards for 1700 and was still waiting on the NAVChek. They asked for some documents for verification, but I didn't hold high hopes since I was already denied from PenFed. I woke up this morning to find out that I was approved for the full 15k NAVChek! Smiley Very Happy

The PenFed Siggy and NFCU GoRewards were my main goal before garden time, but the NAVChek was the cherry on top!

My last two CCs I want on my permanent credit profile were the Disney Premier and Marvel. I decided to skip Marvel and apped for the Cap1 PlayStation card instead. They required docs too, so I am just waiting on that. Since my HP was already done for that app, I'm considering myself officially in the garden for a year. I figured that would be a good time to wait before apping for Disney Premier.

Thanks to everyone in this wonderful forum. Without all of you, I would have never heard of PenFed and NFCU. Your advice that I have been reading has also helped me tremendously in my credit rebuild. I can't wait to watch my PenFed Siggy, NFCU GoRewards, and Barclays NFL card (received in May) grow. Those three are going to be my primary go-to cards for a while. Smiley Happy

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!
Message 7 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Very nice!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 19
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Cap1 was my savior in my rebuild. I jus got in with PenFedas well and they are awesome so far! Good luck!

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.