Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Plat - SP CLI Approved

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

NFCU Plat - SP CLI Approved

Hey Y'all... 

So, my NFCU AR / score (775 EQ Fico 9) updated today.   My last CLI was on 5/29 (190 days ago, around my 91/3) for $8K ($4.9K ➔ $12.9K) and it was a hard pull.  My card is now 10 months old. 

I've been in the garden and really cannot afford any new inquiries on my EQ so, since I really don't need the additional credit, I was just going to hold off on requesting again until my garden time is up in June.    But then - idk,  Disco denied me; Citi was super stingy only giving me a $1K CLI  when I requested last month; I'm not eligible for any other SP CLIs at the moment; I'm due for a USAA CLI but that would be a sure-fire HP... *sigh*... 

So,  anyway,  I figured -- my reports are locked -- let's see just how elusive an SP CLI with Navy is...

I only asked for an additional $5.1K to bring my CL to $18K.     I requested it about 30 mins ago, it went under review so I thought for sure I'd receive a message asking me to unlock EQ... but nope! I just checked my account  -- they gave it to me.   Really pleased.   No email or anything from NFCU yet...

nfcu-cli18k_LI.jpg

I thought about requesting $25K  -- but thought asking for a higher amount would be more likely to trigger an HP.   I thought perhaps a modest number would give me a better chance at an SP only/using my internal score for a decision (whether or not there's any validity to that... idk). 

My spend has been non-existent the last 3-4 months -- in fact, I haven't used the card since Sept. and that was for ~$20; but I did charge ~$4.5K in July and paid that in full in August...   I already planned to use it this month though for a few semi-big-ticket xmas items.   I figure this summer when I come out of the garden I'll hit them up again and go for max.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Plat - SP CLI Approved

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 75
thornback
Senior Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI!

Thank you!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 75
AllZero
Mega Contributor

YW. Thanks for the data points. Hope more members will be successful too on the SP.
Message 4 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SP CLI!

Message 5 of 75
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy will pull other reports than EQ... Are you sure they didn't pull something since it was reviewed, that use to always mean HP

Message 6 of 75
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yes, I'm sure.   All of my reports are locked.   I would have received notifications if a pull attempt was made.   

The review was done in November -- I can see it on my EQ report in the SP section -- i have daily access to it.   My score updated in their portal today -- it updates every month on the 5th. 

I'm not the first person to get lucky with a SP CLI from Navy... 

@Creditaddict wrote:

Navy will pull other reports than EQ... Are you sure they didn't pull something since it was reviewed, that use to always mean HP

EDIT:  I just realized what you meant by 'since it was reviewed'   -- i've had a long day, my badd... 

But still, yes, I'm sure.  I thought when it went under review that they were going to ask me to unlock my reports but they didn't..  and no attempts at pulling any of my reports were made.   So, I got lucky.  

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 7 of 75
thornback
Senior Contributor

Thank you!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice SP CLI!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 8 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the SP CLI with Navy !!
Message 9 of 75
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.