Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum Approval

tag
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Platinum Approval

Hey guys, first off Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Literally this forum and you have helped me transform my awful credit profile into what I am starting to slowly respect, I am forever grateful to myfico and y'all!   So thank you, continued blessings and be safe!

Back in Sept I joined NFCU w/ a checking acct, savings acct and immediately routed via direct deposit.  Just to diversify I dropped $100 into a CD with them as well.  Right after joining mid Sept 22 I used their "am I prequalified" link and the only option that returned was their secured cc.  I was a bit bummed but also understood the journey was started.  I had been toying around with trying the link again until last night when I did.  All 4 products showed up that I prequalied for including the two I was trying to compare (Platinum and More Rewards)  I know not to try for the Flagship rn and bloom another cc instead.  Up until now, my highest SL for a cc is my FNBO at $5400, followed by myGMC rewards at $4500).  Well I almost fell over when I pulled the trigger and app'd the Platinum and boom.....guys I was just approved for $20K SL, 0.9% balance transfer for 12 months then 15.9% after.  Interest is moot bc I will transfer my other balances and pay them down.  Seriously, less than 3 months ago (It was mid September 22) I started my relationship w/ NFCU w them "approving" me for a secured.  I had almost grabbed the secured as my thinking was it will still be a far superior card secured at $200 than an unsecured sub prime card but instead I decided to chill and wait.  Kinda thinking out loud rn but does this mean that from here on out I will be able to successfully apply for the other big guys?  Actually, I don't have a need to do so but just giddy rn and very thankful for all the advice I have read on this forum, including the dreaded advice about time and patience.   I appreciate each and every one of you that come on here daily and give your knowledge & advice and the experience you have been through.  Ummm, so far DP's here is what I believe current:

HI - TU

TU score 9 is 673

TU Bankcard score 9 is 678

Hope these DP's help as I know how much they have helped me.  Happy Thanksgiving!  

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum Approval

Congrats on your Navy Platinum Approval!

Message 2 of 11
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS on your first Navy cc and a terrific SL!!  🎉🍾

I know how you feel about this, as last month they blew me away with a much higher SL (1st NF cc) than I ever would have thought I'd get with my young profile and lower income.

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 3 of 11
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

SAY HELLO TO A 20K SLSAY HELLO TO A 20K SL

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 11
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@IamWesty12  - Fantastic start with NFCU and congrats well rewarded with a great SL- wow!

Thank you also for sharing your journey this will be helpful for many - NFCU strikes once more they grow fast.

Message 5 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 11
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Platinum approval

Message 7 of 11
citymunky
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the Approval.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 8 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your NFCU Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 9 of 11
Cali_King
Valued Member

Congratulations on your NFCU Platinum Approval! 20K SL = Amazing! 

“What’s in your wallet?” - Samuel L. Jackson

Apple Card SL $2000 | $8500
Capital One QS SL $300 | $6700
Capital One QS SL $300 | $4600
Chase Freedom Unlimited SL $3700 | $7500
Chase Sapphire Preferred SL $5000
Credit One Platinum SL $300 | $1150
Credit One Platinum SL $500 | $1150
Patelco Pure SL $3000 | $13000
Verizon Visa SL $4000 | $12000
X1 SL $17000 | $13800
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.