Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum - Update: Approved

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

NFCU Platinum - Update: Approved

Applied yesterday in late afternoon and went to pending review, as of now I haven't heard from them even after checking the status on my online account.  I forgot about applying on a weekend, may not find out until Monday.  I've had a few CREDCO inquiries (was going for a mortgage until I couldn't sell my house in time for a new build that I had to close on this week) so I don't think that will have any affects on outcome.  All Fico 8 scores are at 680 and mortgage scores are 700- we shall see, any thoughts?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Platinum

Well if you already have a 15k CLOC and a 30k Cash Rewards, I'm sure the outcome will be favorable.  For fun I'll guess 25k.

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@7.99%😁
Message 3 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I’d love to get 7.99%, I asked for a % reduction 6 months ago on my cash rewards and was told no.

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

How long have you had the CR? Usually Navy wants a year before they reduce apr.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure your chances are pretty good! If I had to guess their system is probably overloaded with applicatons especially with so many approvals lol. I was approved with a fico 09 around 660(I think). I was approved for $25k, 7.99 apr. I also have the CLOC at 15k and a gorewards at 23.7 k. I have baddies and my utilization was high on my gorewards, but overall utilization was around 32%. I'm rooting for you and looking forward to your approval!

Message 6 of 10
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Just got word back..Mod, please move thread to approvals- I've had cash rewards just about a year I recall and util on their card now at application was at 45% (will pay in full in Jan) and overall util is 35%- income $150k

Purpose of Loan:Platinum Visa
Date:12/15/2018
Subject:The status of your new Platinum Visa credit card (************) is Approved.

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Platinum Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $20,000.00. Your APR will be 12.99%. Expect your credit card within 5-7 business days for regular mail delivery; expedited shipping times vary based on location. 

Your confirmation number is ************

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new card!

Hopefully that interest will go down in a year if you have both cards paid off Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals and monster SL !!!
another Navy monster Approval ..they giving away crazy SL lately , they must love xmas hehe

Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum - Update: Approved

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.