Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum Visa Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Platinum Visa Approved

So I reached the 91/3 with my nRewards Secured Card with NFCU and decided to try for an unsecured card with them.  I went for the Platinum as hopefully just getting a foot in the door and was approved for SL of $1,000 with a 12.74% APR.  Now my real question is it worth it to PC to the cashRewards Visa with an APR of 14.48% and because its a product change, I assume I won't be eligible for the current offers they have with that card.  Appreciate all feedback.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Platinum Visa Approved

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Platinum approval! Its nice to be in with the Navy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Platinum approval! Its nice to be in with the Navy! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you everyone.  Does anyone think I should do a product change to the cashRewards?  That's the one I really wanted but wanted to make sure I could get in at least.  

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you everyone.  Does anyone think I should do a product change to the cashRewards?  That's the one I really wanted but wanted to make sure I could get in at least.  

If that's the card you acutally want then you should.

P.S.  The NFCU Platinum card has the exact same underwriting as the cashRewards.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.