Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum and HHonors Suprass approved

tag
ujocka
Valued Member

NFCU Platinum and HHonors Suprass approved

It has been a great two weeks for me. Approved for CSP for $25.9k a week ago and NFCU Platinum Mastercard at $24k today with an 8.49% APR. I was also approved for the HHonors Amex Surpass, but only at $4k. I was a little disappointed by the Amex SL but after reading the forums I will wait the 61 days and request a 3xCLI. I cancelled the two secured cards I had (Merrick/OpenSky) so I can get my $3k back. Im sure I will take a hit for the 3-4 inquiries and cancelling the only two cards I had for the past two years, but hope that the new CLs will make up for it. Im at 0% utilization currently. These are the only cards I want so I am done cc shopping for the foreseeable future.

From Chapter 13 discharge and low 500s in 2015 to EQ: 781 TU: 767 EX: 794 in 2017...Make your vision your reality.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Platinum and HHonors Suprass approved

Allow me to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Message 2 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@ujocka wrote:

It has been a great two weeks for me. Approved for CSP for $25.9k a week ago and NFCU Platinum Mastercard at $24k today with an 8.49% APR. I was also approved for the HHonors Amex Surpass, but only at $4k. I was a little disappointed by the Amex SL but after reading the forums I will wait the 61 days and request a 3xCLI. I cancelled the two secured cards I had (Merrick/OpenSky) so I can get my $3k back. Im sure I will take a hit for the 3-4 inquiries and cancelling the only two cards I had for the past two years, but hope that the new CLs will make up for it. Im at 0% utilization currently. These are the only cards I want so I am done cc shopping for the foreseeable future.

You arent goin to take ANY hit for closing the 2 rebuilder cards....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

2 rebuilders to a 26k and 24k card limits, please send me whatever you're feeding your profile/ fico LOL, and i mean stat.Smiley Happy. If i got 50 k in only 2 cards i would drop every mic ive ever metaphorically seen heard and touchedSmiley Happy GratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
ujocka
Valued Member

Thanks..it was a long and hard road wIth an awesome payoff. I was really surprised to get the CSP with a sl of $26k considering that my two rebuilders only had $1600 and $2100. I thought canceling them would drop my FICO temporarily since they were the only two cards I had and it would affect my history length. 

From Chapter 13 discharge and low 500s in 2015 to EQ: 781 TU: 767 EX: 794 in 2017...Make your vision your reality.
Message 5 of 14
ujocka
Valued Member

Thank you!

Message 6 of 14
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats on the nice approvals!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals. Two good cards to have
Message 8 of 14
ujocka
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
2 rebuilders to a 26k and 24k card limits, please send me whatever you're feeding your profile/ fico LOL, and i mean stat.Smiley Happy. If i got 50 k in only 2 cards i would drop every mic ive ever metaphorically seen heard and touchedSmiley Happy GratsSmiley Happy

Haha..hilarious! My profile/FICO was fed a chapter 13 that finally digested and isn't reporting any more. While the SLs were exciting, it was the low apr on the NFCU card that was the icing on the cake. With no balance transfer fees I can get my points on the other cards and transfer any balances I want to carry for a few months to the NFCU card and cut the interest in half. Feeling pretty blessed.

Message 9 of 14
ibedat74
Valued Member

Congrats.  I'm thinking about the Hilton Surpass, also.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.