Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Platinum approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Platinum approval

I joined Navy Fed yesterday since my daughter is a member.  I debated applying for a card since I am holding out for a new Chase card - I'll be 4/24 in December.  But DANG the Platinum's terms are so attractive compared to Chase!  No fee balance transfer and lowest APR I have seen anywhere?!  I really needed a balance transfer card so I pulled the trigger and approved for $10,000 with 0% BT and the LOW LOW LOW 7.74% APR after that!  While my SL is not nearly as impressive as someone else's approval earlier today (I DID congratulate him though Smiley Wink ), I am more than pleased with that rate.  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Platinum approval

Well done and congrats. NFCU is awesome to work with. 

Message 2 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... approved for $10,000 ....  

Good for you. Congratulations. Do you have any data points you'd care  to share with the masses?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if they used FICO9 or if they have their own internal scoring - some threads have indicated both?  

Pretty sure they pulled TU  which is 778 (FICO9 according to Penfed )

FICO8 EX is 764 

FICO8 EQ is 762

Total income is $110k

Those seem like decent numbers but my overall utilization is 20%.  I have a thick file with a number of trade lines, mortgage, student loans etc. 

Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy. With your stats and income, Navy will be your oysterSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great jobSmiley Happy. With your stats and income, Navy will be your oysterSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new NFCU Platinum! Your 2nd card in 91 days will be $25k for sure! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and that SL isn't too shabby either!

tenor.gif

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.