Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Quad Pull and Quad Approval = Customer for life

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Quad Pull and Quad Approval = Customer for life

First of all I want to thank NFCU for looking at all info for an application and not just the score, and to this forum for having so much information in one place.

First TU Pull was for membership this actually lowered by score below 600 as it was my first pull in a long long time.  I was approved after about a week of when I applied.  At that time I opending a savings and checking account and moved some funds to them just to park there.

Second TU Pull was for a cashRewards credit card last week, I was thinking probably decline and maybe recon for a low SL as my score was FICO 8 585. The circle was spinning and spinning for a long time probably longer then 10 seconds, and instant approval $24k SL.  I was actually in disblief unil the card actually arrived this week.

Third EQ Pull Pre-Approved Blank Check Auto Loan was done this week, I already have a pre approval from Capitol One for 4.19% but I want to see if NFCU would give me a better rate and I prefer to give interest payments to NFCU then Capitol One. I got a 1 hour review message and I waited 3 hours, but I was waiting on the decision to tell the dealer what I was wanting to do so I called in to gt a status.  I was almost sure this would get a high interest rate because right when I called I got an alert then pulled EQ which is my middle score on FICO 8. The CSR said they just need to identify me so they can process the loan, they did that and told me I would need to submit pay stubs, I was put on hold for a min and they came back Approved for 3.09% and I do not need to send in any paystubs.

Fourth TU Pull CLOC, I just wanted to get my foot in the door and was thinking I would get $500-$1000. This was done at the same time as the auto loan as I was hoping for 1 pull for both products, but since they pulled different CRA's this was not the case. After reeadind this forum, I submitted my application for the full $15K knowin they would counter with my limit.  This went to 1 hour review after 4 hours of no responses I was sure I was declined cause I got an alert saying they pulled TU, the score is still sitting at 585 on FICO 8 and I heard CLOC is harder to get then CC products so I was really expecting a denial. I called in and spoke to the CSR they looked at the application and said I would need to send in my W-2 and paystubs, they put me on hold for 1 minute. When they came back and said approved, and I do not need to send any proof of income and congrats.  I couldn't believed it and tahned the CSR and hung up after I hung up I checked online and noticed I have no way to tell how much the CLOC limit is online, so I called back and asked a CSR. Their response amazed me max amount of $15K approved.

i have since starting to move savings and retirement products to NFCU cause I am defeintely a lifetime customer/member and using them anyway I can for banking and lending needs. They have given the accounts and limits to use them as tools on my path the rebuilding, and I will always appreciate that.

I contribute the sucess to all these approvals to NFCU looking at a complete profile and not just a credit score, which shows how good a company they are. They defintiely evaluate everything to see if they can give approvals while still protecting their members.  To note even though my credit score is low it is probably showing signs I am trying to rebuild data is below.

FICO 8 TU585 EQ602

No INQs, only NFCU for all the products and membership

DTI less then 15%

Credit utilization 13%

CCs - Secured First Progress card with a $500 limit 1 30 day late in the last year, many in the past 2 years.

Loans - Auto Loan with no lates in the past year, many 30s, 60s, and 90s in the past 2 years

Baddies - 1 ChargeOff for several Thousand I am making monthly payents to reporint for 1 year, 1 Collection that should not be there been working on it for months as account was paid through another collection agency reporting for 6 months

Income - More then $100K a year

One thing else I think helped is my job, the are a Fortune Global 250 company but since I started anything that normally would require proof of income does not anymore.  In fact when I was pre approved for Capitol One auto loan, they actually said they verified it electronically and when NFCU said I would need to send in pay stubs they came back and said I do not need to after they looked at my info. So I am guessing my employer reports my salary to some electronic database that they can check and shows my ability to pay is good.

Looking forward to a long happy relationship with NFCU.

Edit: Added for details to data points.

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Quad Pull and Quad Approval = Customer for life

Super approvals and a huge congratulations!

Outstanding data points, thats a big help for many.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That was amazing
Message 3 of 20
BIGSTARXXX1
Valued Member

stunning, congrats

NFCU is .. odd

I have a 1K limit on Go Rewards - 773 Fico 8 for TU

168K income at one of the largest companies in world (17 years there)

Util at 3%

They really hate meSmiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BIGSTARXXX1 wrote:

stunning, congrats

NFCU is .. odd

Util at 3%

That is bizarre.

Message 5 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@BIGSTARXXX1 wrote:

stunning, congrats

NFCU is .. odd

Util at 3%

That sounds strangely like my wife and NASA FCU.

Congrats OP!  That is one amazing outcome and I too would be a customer for life.

Message 6 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats Op this is so amazing , I'm still waiting for my poor 500 SL I got last summer to increase, scores are 650s to 670s and have asked several times and get a big fat nope every time even though my reports are now cleaned up ,oh well maybe one day 😂 Congrats OP this is really amazing
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BIGSTARXXX1 wrote:

stunning, congrats

NFCU is .. odd

Util at 3%

That is weird, on your next CLI request if you do not get a big increase, I would definitely ask for a manual review. You maybe falling through an algorithm crack.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals! You have done very very well with Navy. Navy uses the older 04 scores and not the 08 ones so I'm going to guess that your 04 scores are probably quite a bit higher which likely helped your approvals and SL's. When I first got approvals with them back in July 15 I about fell out of my chair since they were the highest SL's I'd ever gotten up to that point and they were supposed to be the jumping off point in my rebuild. My Fico 08 score were 630 to 640 ish with nothing other than an auto loan with GM Financial that was about 75% paid off. When I got my Truth in Lending letters from Navy my Fico 04 scores were over 700 which probably explained why I got high SL's. My guess is that yours are way higher than your 08's as well. Cap1 also pulls Fico 04 you may want to check the prequalifier there and select excellent credit and see what comes up. After getting my NFCU cards one of the next cards I picked up was a Venture card. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approvals! You have done very very well with Navy. Navy uses the older 04 scores and not the 08 ones so I'm going to guess that your 04 scores are probably quite a bit higher which likely helped your approvals and SL's. When I first got approvals with them back in July 15 I about fell out of my chair since they were the highest SL's I'd ever gotten up to that point and they were supposed to be the jumping off point in my rebuild. My Fico 08 score were 630 to 640 ish with nothing other than an auto loan with GM Financial that was about 75% paid off. When I got my Truth in Lending letters from Navy my Fico 04 scores were over 700 which probably explained why I got high SL's. My guess is that yours are way higher than your 08's as well. Cap1 also pulls Fico 04 you may want to check the prequalifier there and select excellent credit and see what comes up. After getting my NFCU cards one of the next cards I picked up was a Venture card. 

I am assuming you mean the FICO 04 Bankcard? FICO 04 Bankcard is 624 and the regular FICO 04 is 595 similiar to my FICO 08 score. 624 is much better I didnt know they used that older score, thanks for the info, and no Capitol One pre approvals listed.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.