Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Re-establishment Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Re-establishment Success

Hi All,

I've been a reader of the forums, but definitely wanting to get active and share my recent success. I established my NFCU access in 2013 obtaining a car loan for 40k and 2 personal loans totaling 15k that were both paid off in 9 months with 0 lates. A few months later I was approved for the Cash Rewards CC for 10,000 and a Go Rewards for 10,000 the same day. Fast forward to 2015, life happened and I experienced a sudden job loss and unfortunately both cards were closed by NFCU. I experienced several 30 day lates along the way but vowed to pay them off eventually. I continued to pay $200 each month when I could and finally just decided to pay off both balances in Oct of 2020. I didnt want to sever my relationship in hopes that one day I would be back in their good graces. i applied for a car loan in Nov of 2020 and was denied flat out. I was scrolling IG the other day and a NFCU pre-approval ad popped up for their CC and I decided to try. I picked the Cash Rewards just for the heck of it as my current score is still low (605) with a usaa cc for 2500 in collections along with a 4k personal loan in default. I've tried PFD for years with both, but unsuccessful up until this point. Both are scheduled to drop in Oct so just playing the waiting game. I received the 24-48 msg and figured another denial. 

Well to my surprise, I opened my email to see I was approved for a 15k limit!!! I nearly wanted to scream as it seems that my diligence paid off.  So I just want to encourage anyone who has been in default or experienced difficulties with NFCU products to pay them off no matter how long as they seem to welcome you back with open arms. I've learned so much financial wise and credit wise thanks to the myfico community and I have no plans to mess up ever again. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Re-establishment Success

waytogo.jpg

Message 2 of 18
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, thanks for sharing that story. Best of luck with the rest of the baddies on your reports.

Message 5 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your success and welcome to the forums!

20201004_074517.gif

Message 7 of 18
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
Message 8 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and awesome SL on your Cc.!

Message 9 of 18
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with NFCU! They are my favorite bank, wonderful people.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.