Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Second Credit Card Approval- High Utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Second Credit Card Approval- High Utilization

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums as my first post but I have been reading them ever since February this year when I decided to repair and build my credit. Thank you guys so much for all your help and great advice! I was instantly approved yesterday for my second NFCU cc Rewards Amex 20k SL @14.99%.

STATS
Scores (Fico8): EX-643/6inq, TU-643/2inq, EQ-613/6inq

Member since 2005, just rejoined in March after closing accounts in 2011, didn't have any credit cards at that time or know anything about credit.

Income:
60k, but do not use NFCU as my main bank, I use a local credit union for city employees located in VA. I keep a Direct deposit going to Nfcu of about 1600/mo. for paying bills etc.

Rent- 0

Credit Report:
Good standing---
75K student loans- deferred/ mo. Payment 0 mo. /12 years old
Car loan with local credit union/202 mo./ 4 months old
West creek loan/ 1000 /paid closed/ 8 months old
Cap1 plat/500(300sl)/7mo./~95%UTI--auto cli/~25mo.
Discover secure/700/7mo./~45%uti/~15.mo
NFCU CR/15k/7mo./~95%UTI---rate auto decreased at 6mo./~300mo.

Overall uti ~94%

Negative standing----
Acceptance Now furniture loan/3k balance/120day late closed charged off
5 medical collections- 4 removed from EX n TU only 5 reporting on EQ total under 2k

Other points-- at same time denied cloc 5k resubmitted for 500 approved--- denied cli to 20k to match, reconned for 1k n waiting.

I'm loving nfcu right now, everyone was right to go back with them for credit products. They seem to be extra generous around the holiday season! Thank you navy fed now I can ease my worry a bit about carrying high uti til after the holidays when I finish completely paying it off. Discover n cap1 will be paid off next. Month so I can try the azeo with my new card to see how depressed my score will remain with one card at high uti. Thank you navy for being forgiving and helping me out to lower overall utilization.

QUESTIONS: ,Is there a way to transfer some of my balance from CR card to my new card? Should/Could I do cash advance to checking then pay other card? Is it worth it? Just garden? I checked other prequal sites for BT deals but no prequalification at this time? How long before reapplying?

Any pointers are golden, thank you guys. Go for it with nfcu hopefully they are having a great day!

12 REPLIES 12
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Second Credit Card Approval- High Utilization

congrats on all your success!!!

im assuming the 202 month car loan is a typo???!!?!

what is the interest on your CR card? 

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@snickerpedia Thank you. My interest is 16.99% was 17.24 when I originally got it and my credit score at that time was ~580.

I got a small used car loan for 8k and my monthly payment is 202 for 48mo. To get it that low which I will be making extra payments to pay off early. 2013 dodge journey 80k miles, good first car for my son who will be getting his license in a year. Meanwhile I get to test drive 😉😄
Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 Thank you!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 6 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Animalhouse121 Thank you!

@Allzero Thank you!

@tbque Thank you!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.