Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured CC Graduation + GoRewards Approval + CLOC Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured CC Graduation + GoRewards Approval + CLOC Approval

I honestly can't find the words for how happy and greatful I am for what has been accomplished in the past 8 months. All thanks to me finding myfico and starting to take control of my financial future. Yesterday I checked to see if my 5th months statement had posted on my secured NRewards card. To my surprise it said credit limit of 2k. When only 1k secured. So I called in hoping to find out if the card had graduated, and it had! I didnt expect it to graduate so fast especially after only 5 statements!

After rounding up some more courage I applied for the GoRewards, instant approval for 24k 11.24% APR. Smiley Very Happy I also had my eyes on the CLOC, that was also instantly approved for 15k (unsure of APR) 

Today I asked for a CLI on my NRewards because it takes a day to update online to ask. And that gave me the 24 hr message. I called and spoke with a CSR and she informed me that it was declined and I would get a letter in the mail. I am considering doing a recon on this, just unsure of how to do so. 

All in all a great month for me and my wife. Once again thank you all for your knowledge and encouragement. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Secured CC Graduation + GoRewards Approval + CLOC Approval

Very awesome success!  That is huge with Navy from Secured to Unsecured/New 24k card and CLOC!  Good job

Message 2 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP , it will surely grow like wild fire in a bit of time !
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can recon by submitting copies of your paystubs by secure message on your online banking. Product change your nrewards to Cash rewards! 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Wish you good luck in your credit journey!!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can recon by submitting copies of your paystubs by secure message on your online banking. Product change your nrewards to Cash rewards! 

I sent a recon to their secured messaging with my paystubs attached. Not sure how long it will take them to see it since it's the weekend. I wasn't thinking when I put my monthly income, I didn't calculate it based off of my raise. Hopefully going from $5,700 to 7,250 a month will help my odds! I can only hope. No harm in sending the recon. Thanks for your reply. I will update you guys with what happens. 

EDIT So I called and spoke with a CSR again very nice person. She was able to get ahold of someone who was able to review it. She said it was declined only because the account is to new. So no worries i'll try again in a few months.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, your doing great.  When the first graduate your card the treat it like its a new account so the liklihood of CLI on that card is pretty much zero.  Because you were approved for a new card just short of their max CL (max is 25k) and CLOC at 15k you are clearly in good shape with them.  Just wait for a few months, every other month NFCU does a SP on all account holders, next one will be early March, you can try then or wait for the May account review.  If you are within week of that AR your odds are high that you can get a CLI without a HP.  Creditaddict has a huge thread on this in the credit card section, follow that and you will be in the loop.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on all of your hard work and very nice accomplishments! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats an amazing story op, youll definitely get that other card up in no time. Enjoy the fruits of your labors lolSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Five months of Patience & Waiting pays off ! ! !

NRewards card limit of 2k, . . . GoRewards for 24k

Congratz !!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.