Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card SP CLI....

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

NFCU Secured Card SP CLI....

I decided to increase my NFCU secured card to the max. Went from 4k to 5k, no HP.

I hope this increase does not work against me and because the limit is so high they will keep it secured longer.

They did give me a 500.00 CLOC, just 3 weeks post my ch 7 discharge and having only been a member with them for two months, so they must like something about my credit profile, or maybe its the 10 payments I made in 3 weeks across my share loan and credit card with them. It is my hope that my secured card will graduate in less than six months.

I saw a post on here where they graduated someone's card at two months...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card SP CLI....

Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Nice progress with Navy.  Keep it up !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO awesome - congratulations!!
Message 5 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 12
EverForward
Established Contributor

@Andy77  Congratulations on your CLI on your nRewards card!  That's a nice CL and I am glad to hear you didn't get hit with a HP.  Hopefully, your new CL wiill help your SL on your graduated card.

I share your concern regarding if a early CLI on my nRewards may defer the graduation time frame.  I have received emails from NFCU regarding their pending review of my nRewards CC and payment history.

I have been thinking about increasing my $300 nRewards since the day I received it, tomorrow will be 111/4.  I spoke with a CSR about a week or two ago and she made it sound relatively straight forward.  I moved another $700 my NFCU savings for a $1,000 CL, but have since had second thoughts as to if it would help my situation.  It seems many, whether CL $200 to $1,000, tend to graduate at $2,000, and they also seem to receive a CLI when requsted afterwards.  So, I wonder am I better off doing the $300 -> $1,000 CLI, or am I just as well to leave the $700 in savings?

Message 7 of 12
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Thank you, I am happy it was not a HP.

I hope when they do the review in six months, they will see like 18 or more payments on the card (I make multiples a month) and my utilization on my other open cards will be under 9 % and they will graduate the card, crossing my finders.

Message 8 of 12
EverForward
Established Contributor

I've been making more payments as well, doesn't take long to spend $300, one trip to SamsClub will do it.  Also, this month is my first nRewards statement to cut with a very small payment due as I was trying to do AZEO with 2 cards.  I've since decided to skip AZEO for a while, now I'm going to let all cards report with a very small balance and PIF after the statements cut.

I recently apped and was approved for two more cards, Discover IT secured and BBVA, so I probably better lay off any new apps for a bit if I'm going to asking for a CLI post nRewards graduation and also apping for a 2nd NFCU card thereafter.

Message 9 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@EverForward, Sounds like you have a great plan!

Wishing you continued successSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.