Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

NFCU Secured Card

Just got approved for secured card ($1000)  Now my butt is going to THE GARDEN for 2017. Just working on CLIs and getting baddies removed now. 

Anyone with experience with NFCU, do the like lots of use, occasional use?  I plan on PIF each month.  Just want to max my relationship with them in hopes to get large CLI upon graduation ( which is a year typically?)   Thanks again for everyone's help.  

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Secured Card

@JimBo99 wrote:

Just got approved for secured card ($1000)  Now my butt is going to THE GARDEN for 2017. Just working on CLIs and getting baddies removed now. 

Anyone with experience with NFCU, do the like lots of use, occasional use?  I plan on PIF each month.  Just want to max my relationship with them in hopes to get large CLI upon graduation ( which is a year typically?)   Thanks again for everyone's help.  

My card just graduated so I can definitely give you my experience with the card. The card was joint between my wife and I. It graduated right on 5th statement. We ran 7k through the card in those 5 statements and always PIF. Also had a checking and savings account with them. Made them my main banking institution. Don't know if this helped whatsoever but I had 3k in my checking and 8k in my savings at time of graduation. As soon as I could see on the statement the card graduated I applied for their GoRewards card and CLOC. GoRewards approved for 24k 11.24 apr. CLOC approved full 15k 16.9 apr. My EQ score at time of graduation 650, TU score 642. Treat navy federal right and they will amaze you. Good luck on your journey OP.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, JimBo! You're going to love Navyfed, and, in the not too far future, you'll see great things happening for you! A+ company to do business with! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JimBo99 wrote:

My card just graduated so I can definitely give you my experience with the card. The card was joint between my wife and I. It graduated right on 5th statement. We ran 7k through the card in those 5 statements and always PIF. Also had a checking and savings account with them. Made them my main banking institution. Don't know if this helped whatsoever but I had 3k in my checking and 8k in my savings at time of graduation. As soon as I could see on the statement the card graduated I applied for their GoRewards card and CLOC. GoRewards approved for 24k 11.24 apr. CLOC approved full 15k 16.9 apr. My EQ score at time of graduation 650, TU score 642. Treat navy federal right and they will amaze you. Good luck on your journey OP.

+1 well said and very informative! Congrats to you, HopefullyDebtFree, on your two very awesome approvals! Great SL and APR on your GoRewards, and the max limit approval on the CLOC! Happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, NFCU is a great partner.  While I have read of a couple of cards that have graduated early NFCU will tell you that they don't graduate cards until the 13th statement or later.  I got a secured card and then about a month later was approved for a unsecured card at 3,000, within a couple of months that card went to 10,000.  About 2 months after the secured card I got the CLOC at 15k . My point is that you don't need to simply sit on this card for a year.  I would use if and PIF each month. When your scores jump a bit apply for the CLOC and a unsecured card and then you will be off to the races.  It was kind of funny that I had a $500 secured card and a 10k an CLOC of 15k unsecured at the same time but I was happy for the oppourtunity and now we do all of our banking with NFCU.

Message 5 of 9
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@JimBo99 wrote:

As a member of NFCU, I can't say a bad thing about them. They have been good to me. The great thing about your card is that it will graduate. Charge the crap out and PIF every month. 

You should read the guide to 700 in 24 months thread, it will help you build that score up!

Congratulations on your new card!

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats on getting in with Navy. You will be golden once it graduates. Seems a great CUSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Just out of curiosity.  What does the card become when it unsecures, if anything different?  Or, would I need to call and PC it to something else / do they allow that? 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Hopefully it grows nicely for you when it graduates

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.