Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Graduated!!!

tag
pt91978
Regular Contributor

NFCU Secured Graduated!!!

Hello everyone,

I just logged onto my account this early morning, and noticed that my limit has been raised to $2000 from the $1000 I've deposited.  From the information I've gathered on the forum, I'm guessing that my account is now unsecured.  My sixth statement just cut on the 5th, and the statement was generated yesterday (the 6th).  My Fico 9 score was 640 when I first applied for the card, and the latest update score (today) is 680.  This was my daily driven card before I was approved for their Amex MoreRewards card about a month ago.  My spend was about $800-$1000 a month, and I always let the statement cut w/ a balance, ($997.02 to be exact on my 5th statement) lol.  However, I shifted my spending over to MoreRewards and paid off the card before the sixth statement closes.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can chime in and let me know. Since this card had just graduated and I got an increase on my limit.  1) Does the 91/3 still in effect for my next CLI request or will I have to wait 6 months from now?

2) Does the clock for my next CLI request started today or the day that I receive/activate the new CashRewards card?

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Graduated!!!

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 2 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU secured graduation and CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cant help you with the questions dont do business with them but I congratulate you on the grad and CLI Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 34
pt91978
Regular Contributor

lol thanks for the congrats everyone, hopefully the experts can help me w the questions..

Message 6 of 34
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 34
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats !

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your graduation!

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's my understanding that the clock resets when you graduate and get the bump. So, you can request a CLI on the original card 6 months after the last CLI that you received upon graduation. In other words the auto increase to $2K started a new 6 month waiting period.

Let us know if you are going for a CLI on the MR at 91/3!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.