Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured

So Im back in the forums. After experiencing a setback on my prior rebuild from chapter 7. I finally got my foot in the door with NFCU by joining the Navy League. I applied for the goRewards but was denied. Denial letter stated my loan balances was too high in relation to income. The only reason listed. I am a trucker now, making 45k a yr but have twice that in debt thanks to student loans. 

Anyhoo I got an email also that said while I was denied for goRewards I should apply for the secured. I had $500 sitting in my savings and thats the limit they gave. Its nowhere as impressive as others but I was siked and wanted to share. 

Thanks to everyone who has posted in the forums over the years. Your tips have really been a shining light for me in my struggle to greatness!!Heart

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I had $500 sitting in my savings and thats the limit they gave ...

Congrats! getting in with Navy. Smiley Happy Take good care of that card -- use & pay regularly -- and it will graduate. Then comes card#2 -- likely 15 - 20k. Be patient. 

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will definitely use this card properly and wait for my "graduation"

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 🛳 🎉

Message 6 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the secured approved Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! ☺

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I love the 2 quotes in your signature 👍

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.