Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 21 of 29
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU secured approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. I will most definitely do that. I am looking to get rid of the First Premier card anyway. The interest rate is super high and the card benefits are non existant. Thank you! 👌

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@omgitsMatt wrote:

Big success.

I'd say in 6 months, whether this card unsecures or not, it will be time for 2nd Navy card and  it could be anywhere from a couple thousand to 25k.

Then 91/3 after getting 2nd card, CLI request time.

In 9 to 12 months your profile will look completely different!

Thank you!! I am super elated 😊 I will definitely try this after 6 months. Would love a 2nd card with lower apr than my quicksilvers and premier card. I am super anxious and excited to see how I grow 9 to 12 months from now!

Message 24 of 29
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations getting in with NFCU and your new CC!!  Their secured CC is one of the best around. Many other members have had their cards graduate anywhere from 7 to 12 months.

After having it for 91 days and 3 full statements you can app for another card. 

Happy to hear of your success!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 25 of 29
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 26 of 29
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So Im back in the forums. After experiencing a setback on my prior rebuild from chapter 7. I finally got my foot in the door with NFCU by joining the Navy League. I applied for the goRewards but was denied. Denial letter stated my loan balances was too high in relation to income. The only reason listed. I am a trucker now, making 45k a yr but have twice that in debt thanks to student loans. 

Anyhoo I got an email also that said while I was denied for goRewards I should apply for the secured. I had $500 sitting in my savings and thats the limit they gave. Its nowhere as impressive as others but I was siked and wanted to share. 

Thanks to everyone who has posted in the forums over the years. Your tips have really been a shining light for me in my struggle to greatness!!Heart

Congratulations on your approval!

You have to start somewhere..and from what I have read

no better place then NFCU to do so :-)

Good Luck and thanks for sharing your story,

Cheers

Message 27 of 29
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:

Big success.

I'd say in 6 months, whether this card unsecures or not, it will be time for 2nd Navy card and  it could be anywhere from a couple thousand to 25k.

Then 91/3 after getting 2nd card, CLI request time.

In 9 to 12 months your profile will look completely different!

Thank you!! I am super elated 😊 I will definitely try this after 6 months. Would love a 2nd card with lower apr than my quicksilvers and premier card. I am super anxious and excited to see how I grow 9 to 12 months from now!

You could totally do it sooner, but I believe statistically your best results will be after your 6th statement

Good luck and congrats!!

Message 28 of 29
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS on your approval👍👍👍

...NFCU...forgetaboutit😉

I❤️NY

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.