Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Success

tag
rrr66
Valued Member

NFCU Success

So, thanks to this forum I found a legitimate way into NFCU.  Sent my membership documents and supporting documentation in and had an approval e-mail from membership a couple days later.  Called up and got my membership number and funded the account on the phone.

After researching scores i decided to bite the bullet and apply for a Cash Rewards CC and the CLOC, as I hear they pull EQ and I really have limited recen pull activity on that bureau, other than the pull for my DCU Membership.  CLOC instantly approved and the credit card went into review.  I decided to be preemptive and sent over my paystubs and past year W-2 to support my income via secure message, even though they did not ask.

My credit report is far from clean.  I sit at a EQ08 of 699 and even lower for the EQ05 score.  I have numerous old lates (2 to 4 years in the past, some 90s) that permanently pull down my score.  Sad that a BK score can climb so much in two years but heaven forbid you have a late payment, you are tainted for life by FICO (or at least 7 years Smiley Wink).  Although I would not want anyone paying me late either, I'd much rather have my money late than not at all, but such is the world of FICO.

Last night I got the approval email for the credit card as well.

Cash Rewards Visa Signature $15K at 9.9%

CLOC at $15K

Will hit them up at the end of the summer and hopefully take the card to the full SP $25K.

I'm very happy with the experience!  Thank you everyone for the information you have shared in the forum.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Success

Great job and welcome to the Navy Federal family! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 13
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Welcome to the family!
Message 3 of 13
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Navy Federal is awesome! I have been with them since I was 12 years old.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy  Welcome to the NFCU fam Smiley Happy  Now would be a great time to join the garden!

Message 5 of 13
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Congrats they are a awesome credit union. I also have the cloc and cash rewards both setting at 15k each. My cash rewards started at 3k 3 months ago and got it up very quickly. I'm waiting on my next AR which should be in June. 

Message 6 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 13
Mayn
Regular Contributor

Sure wish I could get an acct with them. Anybody know how? Grandpa was in the navy. Passed on now.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on your success !!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! If baller would adopt me, maybe I would be eligible to join. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.