Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU. VSCR 25K. Amazing CSR Experience.

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

NFCU. VSCR 25K. Amazing CSR Experience.

I because a member yesterday via the navy league.  I was on the fence about applying for anything because all of my cards but one are hot off the griddle and I wanted to age them a bit.  Of course I had the support of my favorite board enablers saying to take the plunge lol.  I spoke with 3 csr’s yesterday, one on how to set up the online account, one in the credit card area about my options and another gentleman late in the day to unlock my account after I did not follow #1 csr’s instructions lol.  The topic turned to credit, told him I was rebuilding from a meltdown a decade ago, etc.  told him I did not want to app if it was just for an entry level card and that I was unsure of their scoring system.  He looked over something, not really sure what and then said to wait on the line which I did for 5-6 minutes.  He was a very cool guy, all of the reps were.  Anyhow he came back and said that an app should yield a card equal to or greater than my top card and that he would wait on the line while I applied.  Hum OK, so I did including inserting the wrong email address doh! – very short simple form for those who have not done it.  Hit the return key and this little image popped up https://postimg.org/image/spwbbifvz/

after the initial shock wore off in a few seconds I thanked him.  He said nfcu wants individuals to be proud of the cards they have with them and for them to be the first choice when the wallet flips open.

How about them apples.  Two TU hits – no score change thus far.  Applied for nfcu on Monday 0800a, got the welcome email @1237p yesterday.  I sent them snaps of 3 envelopes addressed to myself.  CDL and passport, 2 navy league welcome emails, AX email for card not present transaction.  Application that I backed up with typed details in the body of the email as my writing sucks.

Card showed up when I logged in this morning as well as a windows where I could enter my correct email – guess this get triggered when they get a bounce.  Pretty impressive little web site logic there.  Android app is nice, finger print for the password ala Chase.  Mind blowing customer service, sorry I waited so long.  Did not think it could get better than Penfed but maybe so.

Edit, oh, I am self employed - no poi or returns like penfed initially wanted.  Also told the csr that I was going to pc my venture to a qs sig, merge my other wmc and close it which I will do after a cli attempt in a month.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU. VSCR 25K. Amazing CSR Experience.

Congratulations!!!

With a nice fresh starting line on that level with them it should be plenty easy to have pride in their card when you flip open the billfold. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congratulations!!!

With a nice fresh starting line on that level with them it should be plenty easy to have pride in their card when you flip open the billfold. Smiley Very Happy

thanks + indeed.  as a side thought I was in the mid-500s 2 years ago.  just shows what time and a little focus can do to reverse my mess.  very happy I found this site.

Message 3 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sooooo happy for you!! Excellente! 

Message 4 of 16
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

ah speak of the devil!  as long as my scores don't totally tank you are still on my xmas list - mucho thanks for your help and what you do for the community

Message 5 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Awww shucks. Thanks a million. I love seeing you guys do well. And no worries, your scores won't tank. 😉
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

I because a member yesterday via the navy league.  I was on the fence about applying for anything because all of my cards but one are hot off the griddle and I wanted to age them a bit.  Of course I had the support of my favorite board enablers saying to take the plunge lol.  I spoke with 3 csr’s yesterday, one on how to set up the online account, one in the credit card area about my options and another gentleman late in the day to unlock my account after I did not follow #1 csr’s instructions lol.  The topic turned to credit, told him I was rebuilding from a meltdown a decade ago, etc.  told him I did not want to app if it was just for an entry level card and that I was unsure of their scoring system.  He looked over something, not really sure what and then said to wait on the line which I did for 5-6 minutes.  He was a very cool guy, all of the reps were.  Anyhow he came back and said that an app should yield a card equal to or greater than my top card and that he would wait on the line while I applied.  Hum OK, so I did including inserting the wrong email address doh! – very short simple form for those who have not done it.  Hit the return key and this little image popped up https://postimg.org/image/spwbbifvz/

after the initial shock wore off in a few seconds I thanked him.  He said nfcu wants individuals to be proud of the cards they have with them and for them to be the first choice when the wallet flips open.

@how about them apples.  Two TU hits – no score change thus far.  Applied for nfcu on Monday 0800a, got the welcome email @1237p yesterday.  I sent them snaps of 3 envelopes addressed to myself.  CDL and passport, 2 navy league welcome emails, AX email for card not present transaction.  Application that I backed up with typed details in the body of the email as my writing sucks.

Card showed up when I logged in this morning as well as a windows where I could enter my correct email – guess this get triggered when they get a bounce.  Pretty impressive little web site logic there.  Android app is nice, finger print for the password ala Chase.  Mind blowing customer service, sorry I waited so long.  Did not think it could get better than Penfed but maybe so.

Edit, oh, I am self employed - no poi or returns like penfed initially wanted.  Also told the csr that I was going to pc my venture to a qs sig, merge my other wmc and close it which I will do after a cli attempt in a month.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding approval, congrats on your success !,, Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

"NAVY is PROUD to be your First Choice of the Credit Card usage"

What a Beautiful sentence to read:

"NAVY wants Individuals to be PROUD of the Credit Cards they have and for the Navy Cards be the 1st Choice when the wallet flips open"

* I just LOVE hearing stories of Instant Approval of NAVY credit cards.

Makes me feel like it is Christmas or a massive Birthday celebration!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.