Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and PENFED.. nailed it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU and PENFED.. nailed it.

Hi Everyone!

Long time listener first time caller.  To begin, you guys and this place rocks.  I've been terrified to dip my toe back in the credit waters since my BK in 2011 but you've given me the courage to try, thus.

Approved Mar 24th-ish (FAKO - TU 665 EQ 672):

NFCU Cash Rewards: 24,500 @13.5

NFCU NavCheck: 15,000 @16.9

Denied Mar 24th-ish:

PENFED Plat Sig Visa... awww

Cleaned somemore crud off of the CR and today (FAKO - TU 696 EQ 699)!

PENFED Plat Sig Visa: 5,000 @17.9

When I started putting my credit life back together I was at 550 across the board and I started in December.  I'm still terrified to ask for things from the scary banks and CUs but do I turn around and try to get a PLOC from PEFED, do I app a different card, should I wait till tomorrow or 6 mos?  My plan is to get as much credit as I can now, PIF ever month and let it all age together.  Once I'm done with what I can get from PENFED, I'm going to the garden and staying put for at least 6 mos at a minimum.  

Again, I'm so greatful to this forum, and to the fantasic American credit unions for letting me back in to a-ok citizen status.  I can't tell you how sick I am of paying cash for EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!  Ok, I'm babbling now....

Thoughts?

Thank you everyone for the stories and confidence you've provided, and it's a life changing feeling to know I'm not still a scumbag that can't borrow enough for a pack of gum!

Ok.. now I'm really done.

2 REPLIES 2
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU and PENFED.. nailed it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Long time listener first time caller.  To begin, you guys and this place rocks.  I've been terrified to dip my toe back in the credit waters since my BK in 2011 but you've given me the courage to try, thus.

Approved Mar 24th-ish (FAKO - TU 665 EQ 672):

@Anonymous Cash Rewards: 24,500 @Anonymous.5

@Anonymous NavCheck: 15,000 @16.9

Denied Mar 24th-ish:

PENFED Plat Sig Visa... awww

Cleaned somemore crud off of the CR and today (FAKO - TU 696 EQ 699)!

@Anonymous Plat Sig Visa: 5,000 @17.9

When I started putting my credit life back together I was at 550 across the board and I started in December.  I'm still terrified to ask for things from the scary banks and CUs but do I turn around and try to get a PLOC from PEFED, do I app a different card, should I wait till tomorrow or 6 mos?  My plan is to get as much credit as I can now, PIF ever month and let it all age together.  Once I'm done with what I can get from PENFED, I'm going to the garden and staying put for at least 6 mos at a minimum.  

Again, I'm so greatful to this forum, and to the fantasic American credit unions for letting me back in to a-ok citizen status.  I can't tell you how sick I am of paying cash for EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME!  Ok, I'm babbling now....

Thoughts?

Thank you everyone for the stories and confidence you've provided, and it's a life changing feeling to know I'm not still a scumbag that can't borrow enough for a pack of gum!

Ok.. now I'm really done.

Congratulations!

INTERESTING on PenFed - since it almost certainly was off of the same HP, that they would deny you a few weeks ago but approve today.. They can be so strange at times

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU and PENFED.. nailed it.

Nope, new pull.  I had spoken with a nice CSR when I was originally denied and she said to ask for a re-pull when I get things cleaned up.  So the moment I hit 'submit' I was on the phone with them asking for a fresh EQ pull.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.