Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and Rewards card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU and Rewards card

I'm trying to get my DH to refinance his 2015 Corvette currently $895 and with Santander at 8.9%. I kept noticing NFCU approvals, did a little research and found out DH could join. He was in the Army reserve for 8 years. I applied for him online and it was accepted. I was like ok, lets try for the rewards card approve for $24,000.00. I could not believe it, I got so happy and accidently closed the window. DW said let me see knowing you its $2,400. I said you might be right, lets wait and see. He recieved an email but it did not give his SL.

A few data points they pulled TU his score from ck is 689. CCT 704. His eq is 701, exp 704. 9 inquires now 11 on tu. No baddies on TU. amex 6,000/600. sears 3,000/89, walmart 5,000/500. and some more cards that will be closed this year with 0 balance. and also AU on some of my accounts. His utilization is at 10%. And we also closed on a new home with a VA loan in Sept.

So this forum has help me in so many ways. I'm currently working on paying down our balance on the cards due to buying things for the house. I started this journey 2 years his and my scores low 500's. My scores around 650-660 on all 3 with some baddies. It can be done so don't give up. I just want to say thank you, thank you to everyone. You should give yourself a pat on the back for helping others.

I now have my daughter reading this forum to assit her with her rebuild.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU and Rewards card

Great job on DH getting an awesome limitSmiley Happy.This is ehy we should let the DW''s app for us, Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on DH's approval - GREAT SL!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and great work.  I suggest having him (you really) invite you to join so you can have your own membership and get a card also.  We did that and its been great, both have a couple of cards with nice limits and have checking line of credit of 15k each which is a nice tool to have just in case we need it.  NFCU is a tremendous gift to those of us who served.

Message 4 of 5
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on getting in with Navy and the very nice approval. Navy helped both my brother and I refinance our vehicles at great rates. We all keep working to better our situation.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.