Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval + instant cli possible?

tag
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

NFCU approval + instant cli possible?

Hey all,

Finally got the problems with NFCU membership worked out, went into branch on Monday 8 May and funded savings and checking.

On 5/10 I decided to app for CC. Got 1 day wait, manual review.

Today at 7 a.m. I had still not recieved email about approval or denial, but logged into NFCU and there is a new account with a $5500 limit and $12 fee applied for expedited processing. (I tend to be impatient).

I was hoping for a larger line of credit so I could transfer the balances on several of my cards to one card.

My question is this, since I do not have an official, in my hand, letter/email saying it is approved is it possible for me to contact them and ask for a recon on a higher limit? or will it just be a blanket NO? I don't want another HP and since they just did a manual review, that should count as the AR, right?

Thanks,

P.S. as I was typing this I got a notice that FEDEX package was just signed for from Columbus Ohio that was given to FEDEX last night at 5:27 p.m. and since i had no packages due, I can only imagine it is the card. Going to go to pick it up soon.

Thanks

Mike

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU approval + instant cli possible?

You can always ask but it's very likely you will be told they need to see some history with your current limit first. Give it 90 days and 3 statements with them and hit the CLI button and you'll likely be rewarded handsomely if you treat them right. Congratulations on the approval! NFCU rocks and they will take care of you if you treat them right!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them a message through account to see, or call in and ask about a higher limit. As mentioned though, you will most likely need to wait at least 3 months
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sl wasn't as high but I did attempt this to just be told they would like to see 90 days of history first.
Message 4 of 14
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Thanks CF, that is what I thought.

Appreciate it.

Mike

Message 5 of 14
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Tigers09,

I may try it. The FEDEX package was my card so the 12 bucks was well spent. Smiley Happy so I have to call an activate I might try then.

Mike

Message 6 of 14
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Skighler1,

It is what I thought. As i mentioned I may try, but my hopes a bit dashed... patience is not my strong suit Smiley Happy

Mike

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi Nolamike, glad they finally approved youSmiley Happy. The best news is even though you didnt get what maybe you expected, $5500 im confident that its high enough that when you go for cli in 3-6 months you will sport one of those massive cli increases. You could always start with my $500 and take the Horn of Africa approach to cli that ill be onSmiley Wink

This has been my one main gripe with Navy, apart the sl lol, is the lack of proper communication. Apply and wait to get reply on status, nope, no emails no sms, have to log in to your account. Apply for cli, no responses, only know if your approved if you see your account or get a letter in the mail like a week later. I wish they would at least send an email saying your status. But thats just me. Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval, just keep your UTi low and in 90 days plus 3 statements you will likely see a very nice CLI
Message 9 of 14
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Aduke1122,

thanks, I had to put stuff on my other cards due to the tornado's that hit us not to long ago so overally my UTI is about 24-26% with a couple cards in the 70% range. I was hoping for (and obviously did not get) a high enough initial limit to move some stuff to a lower interest rate card.

As it stands instead of that I will just payoff the other cards as quickly as I can before I CLI with NFCU, and keep this card clean-ish so when I do CLI it should show usage and payment history, but still be able to pay off the others.

Mike

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.