Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval

tag
nmjacobs
Contributor

NFCU approval

I joined NFCU last night and applied for their cash rewards card today. I'm still waiting to see how this will affect my scores but wanted to share info.

I applied for membership on the phone (after doing live chat earlier to confirm I was eligible through my dad who is eligible but not a member). They pulled TU for membership. Approved in minutes. Today I applied for a the cc and instant approval of $2100. Again TU was pulled.

FICO scores are: TU 648 EQ 628 EX 598

I hope that helps others. I spent weeks reading NFCU threads before going for it.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU approval

Congrats and enjoy!

I started at $2,000. Three months later I'm at $15,000.

It will grow quickly.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat NFCU is the best!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and Congrats on your NFCU approval!  Quick ? Do you have to be in the navy or be related to someone who is in order to be a member of NFCU?

Message 4 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Songburd18, all you have to do is join Navy League San Diego chapter... then you can join NFCU. Detailed info is on here as well as the other forum
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!!!!!!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Welcome to the NFCU family! And good you have been approved for the CashRewards. I have that card and have been using it quite often. You should definitely check out the Member Mall for the deals for online purchases. There are some great discounts there. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Steelers1 did u request a cli after 3rd statement or before?
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the welcome email about 2 hours ago but have to wait for the package too excited
Message 9 of 12
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Edit: Double post.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.